Chapter Fourteen

On Lisa's doorstep stood Aiden, dressed in a dark pair of jeans and a gray button up shirt that fitted tightly and showed of his sexy muscles. Damn, he looked hot.

He smiled softly at me and held out the bunch of lush red roses that were clutched in his hand. "Hey, you look beautiful", he said as his eyes raked up and down my body, finally settling on my face.

I blushed, taking the roses from his hand. I didn't know where to put them, seeing as Aiden and I were currently living together, and we weren't even at the apartment right now. Before I could do anything, however, Lisa - who had suddenly appeared behind me - snatched the beautiful flowers from my grip and smiled. "Thanks, Aiden. How sweet of you", she joked. "I'm going to see Rian and the guys anyway, so I'll bring them to the apartment, okay? I don't suppose you'll be coming back here, so I'll bring your overnight bag with me too."

"Thanks, Lisa", I said gratefully, smiling at her. On the contrary, Aiden was still staring at me, and to be honest it was making me kind of uncomfortable.

"Stop thanking me for stuff", Lisa said with a grin. "Now, have fun on your date."

"Sure", I laughed, stepping out onto the front step beside Aiden. He smiled at me again, showing off his pearly whites. It was contagious, and I couldn't stop my own smile from forming on my lips. He took my hand, a gesture that sent sparks all through my body.

"Use protection, kids!" Lisa called after us, causing my face to flush bright red. Aiden didn't seem fazed at all, instead he just laughed, throwing his head back. It annoyed me how guys were never embarrassed about stuff like that, but some girls - including me - were.

We heard the front door slam as we made our way down the front path. I thought an awkward silence would fall over us like a wet blanket, but instead Aiden turned to me with a grin. "Did you miss me last night?" He wiggled his eyebrows, making me use my spare hand to hit him in the arm.

"No, I slept fine." I told him, smirking slightly.

"Well, I missed you", he told me, swinging our intertwined hands between us.

I laughed, while internally squealing. "Where are we going?" I asked, seeing as we were just walking down Lisa's street.

"The mall", he said with a grin. "Its only ten minutes away, it won't take long to walk there."

"Why the mall?" I questioned curiously. I mean, shopping isn't exactly the ideal date, but if that was what we were going to be doing, I would just go with it.

"You'll see", he said mysteriously.

The entire walk to the mall was filled with random conversation, with us just finding out about each other. I learned that Aiden loved macaroni and cheese, he played basketball in high school and he had graduated from college not long ago with a degree in biology. He learned that I had one best friend besides Rian and Lisa named Dan (who he already knew), I hated sports and I was obsessed with Pretty Little Liars.

When we got to the mall I was surprised to find that it was still as crowded as usual, regardless of the fact that it was getting late. "What time does this place close at?" I asked Aiden. Whenever I came here with my mom or some of my friends it was always either in the morning or the afternoon, and Aiden would probably know since he worked here.

"Like midnight or something", he said. "It stays open pretty late."

"Oh", I said in response. I know, brilliant way to keep the conversation alive.

We weaved our way through the evening crowds, me holding onto Aiden's hand tightly. He led the way, bringing me to a store with a flashing neon sign that said Games Galore. I almost snorted; it wasn't very original. Aiden sent me a warning look, telling me with his eyes not to laugh.