Chapter Seven

just one of my favorite songs --->

~•~•~•~

I woke up to shouting.

"Where the fuck is she?!" The unmistakable voice of Aiden yelled at someone, who I presumed stood in front of him.

"I don't know man, maybe she left." Rian's voice replied, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Do you know something about this? Did you see her leave?" Aiden asked suspiciously.

"Aiden, calm down." A new voice spoke, another male. "We'll find her."

"Shut the fuck up Mark, it isn't your fucking mate that's missing", Aiden retorted.

Oh, they were talking about me? ...Oops.

I slid out of bed and stood up, yawning. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and made my way over to the door. Aiden was so dumb. If he'd bothered to try and track my scent he would have found me right away, but no, he had to freak out the moment he didn't see me beside him.

I cautiously opened the door and peeped out. The sight that greeted me was too much to handle, and I toppled out of the bedroom and into the hallway, laughing hysterically. An electric blue-haired Aiden stood in front of me with a shocked expression on his face. Rian and another guy - who I assumed to be the Mark that Aiden had been speaking to - were also in the hallway, and both had amused facial expressions.

I was using the wall to hold myself up, because an angry, blue-haired mate was hilarious looking. It only took him a split second to react, and in a moment his arms were around me, crushing me to his chest.

I forgot that I was supposed to be mad at him, and I forgot that we only met two days ago, because I felt completely safe and warm in Aiden's arms. What surprised me most though, was how ...normal it felt.

I let him hold me for a second, knowing it was calming his wolf. But as soon as I pulled away, I remembered my anger at being marked and brought here without so much as an 'okay' from me.

Well, better just cut to the chase. "What the fuck?" I yelled, startling Aiden. He wore this adorable confused expression on his face but I was trying not to look at him, otherwise I'd end up forgiving him, even if I didn't want to. Damn mate bond.

"What?" He asked, keeping the expression. Rian snickered from behind him.

"Why exactly am I here?" I demanded.

Aiden looked at me in surprise. "Um, because you're mine?"

It came out as a question and I rolled my eyes, poking my finger at his chest. "No, I most certainly am not yours. And you freaking marked me without my permission! Who the hell does that?!"

The confused face left and was replaced with an almost...proud one? What the hell? "Yeah. Because that Beta of yours was looking at you."

"You're an idiot", I huffed, crossing my arms. "Dan doesn't see me that way. He's waiting for his own mate for god's sake! And that's no excuse for what you did!"

Aiden shrugged. "I don't see why it's such a big deal. A lot of wolves mark their mates right away."

"But not in front of their dad", I hissed. "And did you not think that I might want to wait a while?!"

Realization dawned on his face, and he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh, no. But at least now you're mine."

"How many freaking times do I have to tell you? I'm not yours", I said indignantly.