Chapter Five

Aiden --->

***

Aiden's POV

~•~•~•~

Perri's eyes started to droop and I kissed her forehead gently. She went completely limp and I picked her up bridal style. Her wolf was more in control while she slept so she immediately snuggled closer to my body.

I turned to face the Alpha of Perri's pack and he was staring at me with wide eyes. At least he wasn't angry, though. I mean, I had just marked his daughter without permission.

That stupid Beta wore a pissed off expression and I couldn't help the smirk that slipped onto my face. I didn't like the way he'd been looking at my mate.

Rian and Lisa both had huge grins on their faces, whilst Jesse and Sera were making eyes at each other, like usual. Mark was standing there silently, deep in thought.

I turned to the Alpha. "Can we go now? We won't do anything to the packs, now that I've got my mate."

I smiled fondly down at Perri and then looked up to see the Alpha's response. But it was the beta who answered. "Like hell you're taking her!"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Dude, she's my mate, she's marked, there's nothing you can really do to stop me from taking her."

The Beta opened his mouth to reply but the Alpha beat him to it. "I'll have guards escort you to the borderline."

I smiled sincerely. "Thanks."

He nodded his head once and his face slipped into one of concentration, so I knew he was contacting his guards. I was proven right when a group of about ten wolves entered the room. Alpha Liatree nodded once at me before exiting and bringing the beta with him. Thank god, I hate that guy.

I turned to my friends with a smile. "Come on. We can go back home."

~•~•~•~

The guards didn't say a word to us the whole way to their border. They glanced at Perri in my arms a few times before forming a ring around my friends and I. Mark looked at me questioningly and I gave him a reassuring nod.

As we left the prison the other rogues stared at us, and when we actually got outside, there was more than a few onlookers. They could barely see us, however, because of the guards.

We walked into the woods in complete silence, the cracks of branches under our feet being the only sounds. I cradled my princess close to my chest, and couldn't help the small smile that slipped onto my face.

She was so perfect. She was absolutely beautiful, and from the short time I'd known her, she showed personality, so I knew I wouldn't have a boring mate. She had Alpha blood, which meant she was strong and could most likely hold her own in a fight. She was very fit, and just thinking about her body made a tent rise up in my pants.

But most importantly, she was mine.

Already I was head over heels in love with her. I couldn't believe the Moon Goddess had blessed me with a mate as perfect as her, but I was extremely grateful. I was ecstatic that Alpha Liatree was kind enough to let me go, and take her with me. Most Alphas would have murdered me on sight, but he set me free, and even let me take his daughter with me. For that I owed him.

I was proud to see my mark displayed on her neck - it showed everyone that she was mine. I knew she probably wouldn't be happy when she woke up, I mean, I had marked her without her permission. But I thought she would understand. In a few days she would go into heat, and hopefully then we could complete the mating process.