Chapter Ten

Perri's POV

For the next few days I ended up leaving my bed a total of five times, all for bathroom breaks. Aiden stayed with me the entire time I was in heat, and he certainly made my opinion of him skyrocket to where I trusted him, so much so that I couldn't sleep without him being beside me.

Just the touch of Aiden's skin against mine cooled me down, and it took immense strength not to give in to my wolf's urges, for lack of a better word. We didn't even kiss, which was a huge achievement on my part. We just lay side by side, occasionally getting up for bathroom breaks. Dad mind linked me and told me he had notified my friends not to come near my bedroom. He said Dan was particularly angry about something too. Mom visited a few times and brought trays of food with her, all cold. I couldn't eat anything that was even lukewarm; my natural warmth was magnified by tenfold. Aiden and I barely even spoke, and when we did it was in quiet murmurs about nothing that made any sense to anyone but us.

But now, I'd woken up on a Thursday morning, feeling completely normal. My temperature had gone down, and all I felt was safe and secure in Aiden's arms as he snored gently beside me. I looked up at his face, and he looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I couldn't resist lifting my hand and tracing his jawline.

He twitched in his sleep, but didn't make any other move, so I gently brought my hand over his cheeks and then down to his lips. His skin was so soft; I envied him for that. I slowly brought my hand down as I realized how creepy I might seem to an onlooker, not that there were any. We were still in my bedroom, but now that I wasn't in heat anymore, I was sick of my walls, my bed, my room in general. I just wanted to take a nice warm shower and go downstairs to my family and the rest of the pack.

Aiden was sleeping soundly, so I wiggled my body until I was out of his hold and placed a spare pillow in his arms. He hugged it tightly and buried his face in the material, and I mentally aww'd at him.

I climbed off the bed and walked into the bathroom. Once inside, I shut the door and surveyed myself in the mirror. I looked awful. My hair was a great example of a rat's nest, and my face looked oily. My clothes were stuck to my skin and I felt dirty and disgusting. I was in bad need of a shower.

I had a bundle of towels in a cabinet under the sink, so I just went back to my bedroom and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie along with some underwear. In the bathroom I shut and locked the door before turning on the shower. While I waited for the water to heat up a bit, I brushed my teeth quickly.

I shrugged off my grungy clothes and stepped under the warm spray. I slowly washed my hair, relishing the feeling of cleanliness the shampoo and conditioner brought me. I then soaped myself down until I was completely clean. Even though it was unnecessary, I stood under the shower for an extra ten minutes because I had the tendency to lose track of time when I was in the shower and drifted off in a daydream.

After a while I turned the water off and stepped out, wrapping a fluffy white towel around myself. I wrapped another, smaller towel around my hair and dried myself quickly before pulling on my clothes. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror because I was genuinely happy right now.

I left the bathroom and looked over at my mate. He looked so out of place in my bright bedroom; I almost wanted to laugh. He was still sleeping, though, so I just slipped on a pair of converse and glanced at Aiden one more time before leaving the bedroom. He could come and find me when he woke up, since Dad had told everyone to lay off him while he stayed at the pack house.

A few pack members greeted me as I passed, but I didn't really know any of them. They only knew me because I was the Alpha's daughter. When I got to the kitchen it was surprisingly empty, save for a few people I didn't know.