Chapter 3: Rebirth

In a room, a girl is lying on the bed looking like she is sleeping, but the IV drip tells us that she is sick.

Suddenly, the girl opens her eyes. There is hatred and resentment in her eyes.

Due to suddenly coming into contact with the sunlight shining through the window, the girl narrowed her eyes and blocked them with her hands.

She looked at her hand.

What's going on? Why are her hands so smooth and soft? And why is she on an IV drip, who in the apocalypse can afford the IVs? Did someone save her? But still, her hands shouldn't be the way they are now.

Then she looked at her surroundings. It is a room with light blue wallpaper. There is a window with purple curtains. She is lying on a white princess bed. There is a vase on her bedside in which there are roses and lilies.

Isn't this her room before the end of the world? Why is she back in her bedroom before the last days? Didn't she die in the horde of zombies after being thrown by Bai Qing and Qin Chen?

Wait, could it be.....

She looked for her phone. After finding it, she turned it on and looked at the date.

15 January 2420, 9:37 AM
15 January? The year is 2420? Isn't this more than 2 years before the end of the world? She remember clearly that on 15 May 2422 at midnight everyone fell asleep and woke up after 3 days of sleeping. Some people awakened supernatural powers and some people were still ordinary people, while the rest of the population became zombies.

According to some people, at the time when people went to sleep, the moon was shining with an ominous red light.

From 6 months before the end of the world, there have been natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, droughts, etc all around the world. It was almost like an indication towards what was going to happen soon.

Bai Yue looked at her phone in disbelief for 5 minutes absent-mindedly before bursting into tears.

Doesn't this mean that they are still here, they are still alive, they haven't died in a car accident arranged by those two people...

Thinking of those two people, Bai Yue's eyes were ruthless.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and before Bai Yue had a chance to wipe her tears and answer, the door was opened and a couple entered.

They both looked like they were in their late 30s. But they were over 50.

The man was handsome with sharp features and an aura like a king, but at this moment his eyes were extremely gentle and looked worried.

The woman beside him looked extremely beautiful. Every step she took was graceful and elegant.

She had an innate gentle, kind and charming aura that can't be copied.

She was looking at the girl in front of her with gentle eyes and looked worried about her.

These two people were Bai Yue's parents.

Bai Jing and Fang Yu were both in their mid-50s but looked like they were in their late 30s, time seemed to have left no trace on them. They saw that Bai Yue was awake, and they sighed in relief.

But seeing that she seemed to be crying, they were once again worried.

"Xiaoyue, what's wrong? Are you okay? Is there anywhere where it hurts? Tell Mom, Mom will let your dad give the family doctor a call and ask him to come this instant." without waiting for Fang Yu to finish saying this, Bai Jing has already started taking out his phone.

"Mom, Dad, I am okay. It's just that I had a nightmare." Seeing this, Bai Yue quickly stopped them.

"What kind of nightmare is it that you are crying so much?" asked Bai Jing worriedly, his eyes looking distressed at his daughter.

"I... Oh! Dad, Mom, let's eat first as I am starving and then talk, OK?"

"Yes, Yes, let's eat first, I heard from Jiang Yu that you haven't eaten for a whole day, and then you fainted. The doctor said that you didn't eat, and then you didn't have energy and due to overwork, you fainted," said Fang Yu.

"Yes, let's go eat first. Your mom has asked the kitchen to make nutritious food for you. Sigh, this child. I asked you to become CEO, not to faint. I am still the chairman, I can also do some work. You don't have to do the work of the chairman and CEO yourself." Bai Jing started nagging.

"Ok, OK, forget it, let her eat something first then keep nagging her as much as you want. Let's go eat."

"OK, mom!" said Bai Yue while smiling brightly.

For her, this is the first time she smiled so brightly after 7 years. Since her parents died when she was 20 years old, she never smiled from her heart. Although her mom and dad had just seen her yesterday, Bai Yue saw her parents after 7 years. She simply cannot control her excitement.

Bai Yue remembers that at this time she fainted due to the reason her mother said, and thus she rested for 1 week. It happened when she was 19 years old. At this time, she was already the CEO of the Bai Group and had made the Bai Group the second-richest corporation in the country.

The Richest corporation in the country was the Lu Group. Lu Group belongs to the Lu family, who is also the head of the major families. The Lu Group and Bai Group have always been each other's biggest competitors and supporters.

It is said that the founders of both groups were best friends, such good friends that they could die for each other. And since then all the generations of both families have been good friends since childhood.

Bai Yue also has two secrets that no one except her trusted friends knows, not even her parents.