Chapter 31: The Elevator

A/N: Ok guys, as promised, the ML is here, I couldn't bring him in the last chapter because I couldn't think of an entry point (my fault, ahem, culpa mia😂). Anyway, enjoy~~

***

At this time, a man in front of them couldn't help but chuckle.

Bai Yue and Xie Yun looked at the person who had just laughed. Seeing that he has been caught laughing at others, the man apologised in fluent Country S language.

"I am sorry. I usually don't laugh, unless I really can't help it."

After saying this, the man tried to stifle his laugh, finding his own joke funny.

Bai Yue looked at the man with innocent eyes, oh, she had removed her tinted sunglasses to look at the man, so, she looked at the man with her innocent and clear eyes, which was, just for your information, her disguise, and asked, "Are you from Country S?"

The man nodded with a smile.

Bai Yue then continued, "Were you trying to be funny just now?"

The man looked at Bai Yue with puzzled eyes. "Didn't you find it funny?"

Bai Yue was just about to say something when the elevator door opened, apparently they were also going to the 30th floor, which both of them hadn't noticed.

The man saw the open door and looked at Bai Yue, seemingly, waiting for her answer.

Bai Yue also didn't keep him or Xie Yun waiting, she simply looked at the man and asked, "Did you see me laughing? If you did, then I suggest you go to an ophthalmologist to get your eyes checked. And if you didn't, then you should go to a psychiatrist, it's a pity that I don't have time right now, otherwise, based on our 'revolutionary' and 'fated' friendship of getting on the same elevator, I would have given you a free checkup."

By this time, the others who were with the man were already laughing so hard that you could see tears in their eyes.

They had long been tired of this guy's joke, which only he thought were funny, now seeing him so deflated gave them a different kind of coolness.

Don't ask why they feel happy at their friend being insulted instead of being angry, it's just the way of their friendship. What kind of friendship does men have if they don't cheat each other or laugh at each other's embarrassing moments or keep reminding each other of their embarrassing moments.

Even the man, who had kept looking at Bai Yue before, couldn't help laughing at this point.

But when Bai Yue noticed him, she suddenly froze in her place.

It was him, the person whom she could recognize even if he turns into ashes, not to mention that he was just wearing a disguise.

Bai Yue then looked at the others, and now that she had a starting point, she could, with some difficulty, see some traces of disguise on all of them. She understood that they must be on some mission, because of which they needed to be undercover, and hence the disguise.

The man who had always been looking at Bai Yue, noticed Bai Yue's expression and understood that she had found out that it was him and with her intelligence, she should have thought of the reason for his disguise.

Yes, the man is Lu Jinchen, whom Bai Yue met before in the park. He is here on a very important mission.

They had received information from their sources that the leader of a drug gang in Country S is going to be here and a deal to smuggle drugs in Country S will be finalised and according to the report, all the major figures of the gang will be present today due to the large amount and profit involved.

And they will be taking this chance to catch them. And the joke with Bai Yue and Xie Yun was just a way for them to relax, calm down and seem like a normal bunch of men. But after coming here, he always felt like they were missing something. And when he saw both of them and the restaurant, he finally found what they were missing.

A woman, or even better, two women. Plus... a reservation to a table.

Yes, he was just informed that the reservation the police of Country A tried to get had failed. Previously, they were informed that they will be having a table reserved, which will be near the drug gang, but he didn't expect the Country A's police to be so irresponsible, they couldn't even get them a table in a restaurant, and even asked him to figure something out.

And as for the woman part, this restaurant turns out to be a family restaurant, which he wasn't informed of, and it would be weird for a few men to come in a family restaurant to have dinner. He doesn't know what this drug smuggling gang thought, to do a deal in a family restaurant instead of a bar or a nightclub, where usually such deals are done.

Now where is going to get the reservation? As for the girl...

He looked at Bai Yue and a light flashed in his eyes. He doesn't need to look for her, she is right in front of him. Not only that, but he has already thought of how they could make everything seem reasonable.

Now, he just needed to find a reason for which Bai Yue and Xie Yun will agree to help them. If he can take Bai Yue with him, he will also not need to worry too much about her being injured, instead he will be more worried that she will kill one of them.

When Bai Yue saw Lu Jinchen looking at her, seeming to have something to say to her, she hesitated for a moment but still decided to give him a chance to talk. He shouldn't use such a serious occasion to talk to her about their personal matters, right?

So she looked straight at him and spoke, "You, come with me."

Lu Jinchen saw that she wanted to talk to him, and he was smiling so broadly that it almost reached his ears.