Chapter 26: Collection Of Supplies (9)

Bai Yue also remembered those times, and a gentle smile crept on her face.

As Bai Jing gazed lovingly at the two most significant individuals in his life, a gentle smile adorned his face, mirroring the sentiment shared by Bai Yue as memories of past moments flooded their hearts.

Had any Bai Group employee chanced upon this scene, they would have been undoubtedly taken aback at witnessing the typically composed and firm chairman alongside the resolute and exacting CEO, exuding such warm and tender expressions of happiness.

Well, not exactly, but almost close. After all, who does not know that the members of the Bai Family are closely knit together and love each other very much? Still, it is hard for them to show such gentle and relaxed expressions.

They soon arrived at their first destination to collect the ordered food, while discussing the details of replicating the jade bracelet, a topic that held significant importance to them.

As Bai Yue surveyed the enticing array of food laid out before her, her already hunger-stricken belly responded with an even louder growl, eager to indulge in the delectable delicacies presented in front of her.

This time, Bai Jing and Fang Yue decided to focus more on western cuisine, taking into account that Bai Yue and her friends had spent a significant amount of time living abroad.

The spread of food they selected was diverse and enticing.

There were pizzas topped with an array of toppings, some generously laden with cheese, while others were subtly flavored.

Burgers were filled with a variety of ingredients, wraps stuffed with savoury fillings, tacos with their traditional flavours, soft French fries, twisted and chewy pretzels, fluffy waffles, classic hot dogs, crunchy popcorn, steaming pasta dishes, creamy macaroni, rich casseroles, and a myriad of other delicious treats.

Accompanying this, they had also selected were luscious desserts and freshly brewed coffee, for which they will need to go to another store.

Bai Yue was pleasantly surprised, but chose not to disclose that she had already purchased similar items, especially coffee.

She wanted to keep her own personal stash, a secret hoard she had of the things she loved, but was forced to part with.

During the journey to the dessert shops and cafés where Bai Jing and Fang Yue had placed their orders, Bai Yue discreetly moved the desserts and coffee she had bought earlier in the café to her personal storage area.

She had taken the initiative to assign each person their own designated space within a warehouse to store their belongings.

This decision was driven by the understanding she has earned, that even among close friends, boundaries and personal areas were necessary.

This foresight and understanding was not only practical for present needs but was also essential for the future.

Faced with an apocalypse or the fact that she had unlocked her powers earlier than in her previous life, Bai Yue speculated that, much like herself, her companions might awaken distinctive abilities.

And if history were to repeat itself, Xie Yun, in particular, should be able to awaken space powers.

At that time, Bai Yue will hand over Xie Yun's belongings and necessary supplies to be stored in Xie Yun's space.

Considering the limitations of Xie Yun's small level 1 space, the amount she can receive will indeed be modest. The contrast is stark when compared to Bai Yue's vast and virtually limitless space.

But it's noteworthy that Xie Yun's original space capacity in Bai Yue's previous life was a remarkable 30 sq. m. This storage capability stands out as superior among users of space powers, especially at the introductory level, when their space power had just awaken.

Typically, a new level 1 space user has a meagre storage capacity ranging from 2 to 5 sq. m. This scenario of space size is further degraded by those with lesser talent for their abilities, as their space's size would be even more restricted.

While Bai Yue mulled over these topics, she also efficiently managed the transfer of desserts and beverages to her personal space warehouse.

Soon, they reached an attractive-looking dessert shop's entrance. Stepping inside, Bai Yue observed that the attentive staff had already artfully arranged the sweet treats on the table, neatly packaged in boxes with transparent lids that allowed them to have a clear view of the decorative confections.

This thoughtful packaging not only increased the desserts' visual appeal but also facilitated the inspection process, making it easier for both Bai Yue and Fang Yu to assess the delectable desserts and confectionaries displayed before them.

They looked at the delightful array of desserts at the local bakery, which included cupcakes, doughnuts, chocolates, truffles, fudge, puddings, pies, cookies, pastries, fruit buns, sweet buns, breads, cakes, scones, bagels, croissants, and jellies, and after the inspection, the three of them put the desserts in the van.

Then they went to another store, which Bai Jing and Fang Yu had visited today.

At this store, they were met with a vast assortment of goodies, ranging from traditional native desserts to a mix of western and local candies, and snacks.

The aisles were brimming with tempting varieties of lollipops, candied fruits, bubble gums, candies, chocolates, chocolate bars, glass jellies, marshmallows, marzipan, Graham crackers, melon seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, energy bars, granola bars, banana chips, corn chips, nachos, potato chips, beef jerky, instant noodles with diverse flavors, candied haws, preserved fruits, rice cakes in various flavors, and even self-heating hot pots.

And that was it for the day, of course, only after collecting the things ordered yesterday. The air was filled with a sense of accomplishment as the three of them made their way back home under the warm street lights.

Ming Xi eagerly began setting the food out on the dining table as she heard the sound of their car, waiting for them to come and eat, her anticipation infectious as they all looked forward to the meal she had prepared.