Chapter 32: Help

Lu Jinchen, with nimble steps, hastened to catch up with Bai Yue's swift pace as she led the way to the staircase. The sound of Bai Yue's heels and Lu Jinchen's shoes echoing through the empty corridor.

Upon arriving at the secluded spot, Bai Yue cast a cautious gaze around, making sure that there was no one around and nobody followed them. Before turning to face Lu Jinchen with a cold and indifferent expression on her face.

With a calm but dangerous tone, she asked, "What brings you to this place?"

Meeting her steely gaze with a blend of wariness and suspicion, Lu Jinchen looked at Bai Yue with a cautious look in his eyes, and murmured softly, "Don't misunderstand... I am here because of a mission."

The last words slipped from his lips in a hushed tone, his breath lightly brushing against Bai Yue's ear as he leaned down to put his lips near Bai Yue's ears, a subtle glint of mischief twinkling in his eyes as he observed her response to his proximity, a silent thrill of anticipation coursing through him.

Bai Yue felt the warmth of Lu Jinchen's breath gently caressing her earlobe, sending a chilling sensation down her spine that made her shiver involuntarily.

Hastily, she pushed him away, her voice tinged with a mixture of caution and defiance, "I don't need you to come any closer. Just maintain your distance while we communicate."

Amused by Bai Yue's protective stance, Lu Jinchen adopted a look of innocence as he retorted, "You were the one who asked about my presence here—surely I can't reply to that question without whispering, which of course needs me to come closer to you?"

Bai Yue shot him another steely glare, masking her underlying nervousness with a display of anger, "Then you could have.. could have... anyway, don't come close to me, or...or you wouldn't want to know what I will do to you."

Observing Bai Yue's disguise crumble slightly under the weight of her emotions, Lu Jinchen sported a knowing smile on his face.

Seeking to ease the tension, he apologized sincerely, "Alright, alright, it's my mistake entirely. I apologize sincerely, Yue'er. Can you find it in your heart to forgive this little one for his misstep?"

Bai Yue saw him apologizing while slightly bowing his head, even if it may be just to look at her, but she will take it as him bowing his head in front of her, she felt very satisfied, she looked at him arrogantly, "Looking at your sincerity, I will reluctantly forgive you. Wait, no, didn't I tell you not to call me Yue'er!"

What she didn't realize was that this whole, her hand has been resting on Lu Jinchen's chest, since the time she had tried to push him away.

Lu Jinchen looked at Bai Yue's slightly red face, not knowing whether it was because of anger or shyness, and his eyes darkened a few shades. He spoke with a teasing smile on his beautiful and sexy lips, "Really? But from the way you are behaving, I thought I could call you Yue'er."

Saying this, his eyes shifted from Bai Yue's face to look at her hands resting on his chest muscles.

Bai Yue followed his eyes to look at her hands and felt her brain exploding.

Boom!

Who is she? Where is she?? What is she doing??? Why are her hands on Lu Jinchen's chest????

But soon Bai Yue forced herself to calm down, and calmly removed her hands from Lu Jinchen's chest and looked at him in his eyes, "Sorry. I didn't mean it. Don't you have work to do? Let's go. Your friends and Xie Yun must be waiting."

Saying this, she wanted to pass him by to leave.

Lu Jinchen, has been observing intently all the expressions that flashed by on her face within the fleeting span of a few seconds. Initially, a dazed expression overtook her features, swiftly replaced by shock, then a feigned calmness, only to culminate in a clear intent to retreat.

Upon seeing her desire to flee, he quickly and accurately held her wrist, effectively halting her attempted escape.

Startled by the touch upon her wrist, Bai Yue turned to look at the sole individual who could have carried out such an action, her expression filled with unmistakable bewilderment.

"Is there anything else?" she asked, her voice tinged with a hint of perplexity.

Lu Jinchen, putting on a grave expression, nodded in affirmation, withholding the true depths of his thoughts for her from any scrutiny.

"I need your help," he said, his tone filled with unspoken significance and gravity.

Initially perplexed, Bai Yue's expression gradually changed from confusion to comprehension, shadowed by the look of suspicion.

"How do you know this is my hotel?" she queried with a mixture of curiosity and wariness.

Expressing genuine surprise, Lu Jinchen faltered momentarily before responding, "This hotel is yours?"

Bai Yue saw the pure and true shock and knew that she had misunderstood him. So, with a blend of astonishment and realization, Bai Yue clarified, "Yes, this whole building is one of many properties that I own. However, if that wasn't the subject of your help, what other help do you want from me?"

Lu Jinchen felt that a pie fell from the sky for him. This is simply killing two birds from one stone. He quickly turned serious.

"Can I?" he motioned to her ears.

Bai Yue understood that he wanted to tell it in her ears, but she thought that it should be something of great importance, so even if she didn't want to, she nodded at him.

Lu Jinchen got her permission, so he leaned towards her and whispered in her ears all the information that he could tell her, leaving out the confidential things. He also told her about his plan.

Listening to Lu Jinchen, Bai Yue's expression went from calmness to shock then to disgust and finally realization.