Chapter 23: Collection Of Supplies(6)

Oh! She also needs hot water.

Haih, she should just put water to boil and store it.

She also has to boil the bathing water, otherwise she and others also will not have time to boil water every time they want to have a bath.

So, Bai Yue added 'boiled water' in the list.

After taking out the ingredients, she cooked the chicken fried rice and packed it in the lunch boxes.

By the time she finished all this, the sun was rising outside.

Bai Yue left the space, washed up, changed into sportswear and went outside for a run while wearing her Bluetooth earphone, listening to some music.

When she returned home, her father and Ming Xi were sitting on the sofa watching news on TV. Her mother was bringing out some freshly squeezed orange juice from the kitchen, and a sumptuous breakfast filled the dining table.

Scrambled eggs, toasts, soy milk, fried dough stick, fruits, and porridge.

After finishing their breakfast, everyone went to do their work.

Bai Jing and Fang Yu's destination for today are breakfast shops and snack streets.

While Bai Yue went to buy other supplies, Ming Xi was responsible for receiving the goods.

Bai Yue's first destination for today was the wholesale grain market.

Bai Yue instructed that the delivery of fruits and vegetables should only take place in her presence. She will request the stores to deliver the items that can stored for a longer period, regularly, albeit less frequently, as they can store them for a long time if kept properly.

This entire market only sold grains, and there were different shops for different types of grains.

With the previous experience and the convenience of having the ingredients first and not having to wait for the shopkeepers to stock up the amount first and then delivering, Bai Yue has decided to do something about it. She asks them to deliver as much as they can first, and they can deliver the rest later.

She first went to the largest store which sold rice in wholesale, which, according to her investigation, sells the best quality of rice in this wholesale market.

Yes, she investigates all the shops that she goes to, if her investigation finds that the shop sell poor quality product, she skips those stores.

Although she has money, but she is in the end a businessman. Bai Yue will subconsciously lower her losses.

Bai Yue entered the store to see a middle-aged woman sitting with her phone in her left hand, a pen in the right hand and a notebook in front of her with a frown on her face. She was probably calculating the profit or loss, most probably loss.

The woman saw Bai Yue entering and instantly smiled.

"Welcome. How may I help you?"

"Hello, do you have a list of the types of rice you have here?"

The middle-aged woman nodded and took out something like a catalogue.

"This has all the types of rice that we supply, some may not be available right ow, but if you can wait for 2 days at maximum, we can get them for you. You can mark what you want with this pencil here only."

Bai Yue nodded, took the pencil and looked at the catalogue.

"Everything I am selecting, please send the maximum you can of hem today or tomorrow only, and then you continue sending them in batches, if you want, you can cooperate with others."

Although the woman was confused, she still nodded.

Bai Yue ordered white rice, long grain white rice, jasmine rice, short grain rice, medium grain rice, basmati rice, brown rice, black rice, glutinous rice, black sticky rice, etc.

After ordering rice, she went to the next store that sold all types of flours, whole grains, wrappers, and noodles.

Just like the rice store, she ordered from the flour and noodles shop.

She ordered for wheat flour, pearl barley, millets, oats, corn, rice flour, glutinous rice flour, cornstarch, mung bean starch, potato starch, sweet potato starch, tapioca starch, tapioca pearls, large tapioca pearls, buckwheat, all-purpose flour.

For noodles, Bai Yue ordered all the varieties of noodles available, fresh white noodles, dried white noodles, udon noodles, ribbon noodles, wonton noodles, longevity noodles, lo mein noodles, fresh wide egg noodles, rice vermicelli, rice noodles, wide rice noodles, mung bean vermicelli, sweet potato starch noodles, dried ramen noodles, rice cakes.

She also ordered all styles of wonton wrappers, dumpling wrappers, spring roll wrappers, egg roll wrappers and rice paper wrappers.

After buying these, she went to the wholesale market for dried cured and pickled products nearby.

There she in the dried and cured food store she bought all kinds of things available, some that she did not even knew could be eaten after being dried.

Dried shiitake mushrooms, dried wood ear mushrooms, dried snow fungus, dried spongy gluten, dried red dates, dried honey dates, dried goji berries, dried longan, dried figs, dried lotus seeds, dried barley, dried red beans, dried mung beans, dried split mung beans, dried lily flowers, dried lily bulbs, dried yam, soup mixes, dried bok choy, dried black moss, dried kelp, dried wakame, dried laver.

And dried zongzi leaves, dried lotus leaves, dried shrimp, dried shrimp flakes, dried shrimp skin, dried scallops, dried squid, dried oyster, dried conch, dried anchovies, dried shrimp chips, dried sea cucumber, dried abalone, dried cuttlefish, dried whitebait, dried clams, etc.

In the store for cured, preserved and pickled products, Bai Yue bought salted fish, smoked bacon, cured pork sausage, liver sausage, cured pork belly, salt cured suck, cured ham, salted duck eggs, salted duck egg yolks, century eggs.

And preserved mustard stem, preserved mustard greens, pickled mustard greens, pickled cabbage, pickled long beans, salted radish, salted bamboo shoots, fermented black beans, pickled plums, glass jelly, Iberian ham, etc.

Everything Bai Yue bought today, she asked them to be delivered every week, even if she leaves for abroad, as they can be stored for a long time without spoiling.

After ordering these things, she went to a soy products wholesale shop.

There she bought firm tofu, soft tofu, frozen tofu, pressed tofu, tofu skin, shredded tofu, bean curd sheets, bean curd sticks, bean curd sheets, fried tofu skin rolls, fried bean curd, tofu knots, fermented bean curd, etc.