7

"Yes charged, and by none other than yourself. But first, we need to get you out of here. We must deliver you somewhere safe." He stopped to look straight at me "I know you have so many questions, but it is imperative that you save them for later."

"You must put your trust in me, you understand? You must trust me and be patient. Time itself will tell you all that you might want to know right now and then some. Just wait." He turned again to resume those rushed preparations; "I take it that it will not be long before I am the one turning to you for some answers. For now, just be patient and do what I ask of you."

"What am I? How can I have learned this much already, and so fast?" I stopped for a moment, and then looked him in the eye: "And how can I know that is not normal?"

"Not a what, but a who." He replied while turning away from me but still, likely against his wishes, I felt that those words were brought forth in a somewhat vague and unassertive manner.

"Who then..."! could not help but be distracted by all that was raging on just outside that room; the several noises rampaging all around, those constant screams escorted now by other gruesome sounds of violence. I tightly shut my eyes for a moment, in the hopes that somehow it would all go away, and then looked at him again. I found comfort in that even if he himself seemed desperate to finish gathering all sorts of things from those silvered tables, he too seemed afraid. "Who then?" I was so hoping he would cave, if just for a moment, but no such luck.

So, I just sat there, completely free from any physical bonds but with my feelings still tying me to that bed. I remained still, watching him pack those last things with great haste: all sorts of papers and the tools to inscribe on them, some food, and a few other utensils too that I could not yet recognize.

I felt so inclined to ask him again, but before I managed to assemble the required words, I got hit in the head, something fierce!

A presentiment, a quick vision of a clap of thunder cutting through heavy rain and, amidst it all, some sort of airship struggling through it. Could that have been just a random trick of my imagination or the thunderclap of catastrophe? What was that? It felt so...

A premonition perhaps, or a distorted perception of my unknown present?

Surprised I looked at him only for my doubts to be met with a wry grin.

He then went on, somewhat callously as he did not even stop what he was doing to throw a glimpse my way.

"You saw them just now, didn't you? The aircraft that will soon be making its way here I mean. Good. It is just as she said you would," he grabbed a small but thick notepad and carefully stuffed it in the biggest pocket available to him. "What you saw, that is the beginning of your way out of here. Now hurry along please; come on, we have to get going." His hand then made what I easily interpreted as a summoning gesture. In response to that calling, I promptly leapt from that bed.

Buried PlanetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara