21

On the northern edge of the Human Continent, many miles away from the Celitia Capital where Hervies sits upon his throne, the land finally comes to a sharp end, giving instead a place to the strength of the dark sea. A black ocean whose mighty waves seem to know no peace as they seem doomed to clash against that bare rock till the end of time. Their roar and their attacks against those cliffs define the border between all that we barely know and all we still dare not.

Here, in this darkened edge of the world, something happened six years ago, something very important. Something that overnight made the Beriheim region infamous across the world.

A cataclysmic event like no other that turned its once fertile ground into all but dead.

An incident involving its fierce mountain, the Beriheim Mountain, that so forcibly and imposingly lends its name to the entire region. An enormous power awoke atop that mountain sending a blast of energy that burned the sky for miles around. This green pillar of energy was so intense that even the Nharkim on the other side of the world were likely to have seen it. It lasted for hours and with it came a shrieking, deafening sound that the Nharkim were likely to have heard it too.

The land shook as never before as if it was more than just the world aching and breaking. It felt as if something beneath all of us, something dreaming, had just turned over. The land ripped itself apart around that mountain and sounds were heard coming from below, shouts coming from those abysses that brought with them some crystallised pieces.

Many large, some enormous, pieces of green amber that sprouted forth all over the region and that to this day remain for all to see. Some of them did so quite violently.

The whole world was thus woken by the Beriheim Mountain that, with an unmatched pillar of light and an echoing roar, demanded everyone's attention. The whole sky over Beriheim turned green within minutes and it has remained so ever since. And if before the entire region's very fertile ground supported lush trees that carried with them bountiful fruit and all of its rivers were swarmed with fish, in the very next morning all was dead.

The soil became like ash, the trees withered becoming as if burnt and the water from its rivers boiled to the point of evaporation. An entire region was brutally murdered in one night with an unparalleled spectacle. The only water one can see now is the constant pouring rain that began once the mountain finally went quiet again. Heavy rain from a mighty storm that has not stopped since, for it is not just death and decay that plagues the land around that mountain.

A constant storm that brings with it fierce lightning and a rain that burns at the touch haunts the skies as well, making this the most undesirable region in all of the charts. A rain that throughout the years has never shown any sign of relenting...