22

The king of men sent a team atop that mountain to investigate the event once it all ended and it was finally possible to do so.

Many other races surely would have liked to do the same for that was a spectacle witnessed and heard the world over. Those that were asleep were woken by it, and those that couldn't care less for the Centra, and the current ways of the world, could not hide their curiosity.

People came running to the streets in the middle of the night to see it, as they all woke with that thunderous roar. Everyone saw that beam of light sprouting from the top of the mountain like a mighty geyser of raw energy that was surely seen from anywhere in the continent, probably even further than that. A most fantastic display and the screams and panic it caused has made Beriheim a most forbidden region ever since.

Of course, there are always those that curiosity finds a way to bend, but any hope at finding out anything about the matter was quickly crushed. Once Hervies got the report of what his team had found up there, he immediately ordered the whole area to be sealed off.

And so, the Beriheim Mountain became a top priority and in a matter of days, the bulk of the Human military settled in atop, together with the best researchers at the king's disposal, such was the importance of what had been discovered. What had transpired up there, and what would do so henceforth, was to be kept a secret not only to the other races, but to all.

Only those personally chosen by the king himself were allowed to set foot there and what their eyes would see, their mouths could never tell. And for the last six years, it has remained this way, this most important and fortified of all Human settlements, one standing between the top of a mountain and a thundering sky.

A Human secret like no other, that has always threatened to shoot down any aircraft that has the misfortune to fly too close, or anyone foolish enough to be seen wandering next to that mountain.

A site that grew famous across the world to the point of even being nicknamed "The Fallen Fortress of Fear" and for all this time, it has remained under Human establishment, six long years in the methodical hands of King Hervies and a few of his selected researchers...

...until a few hours ago when all contact was lost...