18

He is a dangerous man.

Not just to others but also to himself. He is perhaps the most dangerous human to walk this world in quite some time. Desperation drives him and the fear he feels himself, he has no qualms in casting upon others. With each passing day, he tightens the noose around his own people's neck; he demands skin and teeth from all the hard-working folk and quite the percentage of his kingdom are on the verge of starvation.

Then he comes and offers insurmountable amounts of currency to anyone willing to do his bidding and in doing so, obviously, Hervies has no problem finding the required man labour for the more outrageous efforts the Human kingdom is putting up these last years. For many years these desperate searches have been going on, for the slightest glimpse at any Centra secret and the Celitian Continent has been entirely dug up three times over or so, it seems. They have searched any and all ruins, they have excavated the soil to the point of not even one more hole can be dug up. In their efforts, they exhausted all the land around them and so the time came to look further.

The time to spread and send search teams outside the known charts, to venture forth into the unknown dark corners of the world that most are afraid to even mention let alone set foot in. This is how the "Cloudsiras" came to be, Human expeditions hell-bent on finding and bringing back what their king values most. No other race is known to do this, either because they don't have the means to cross entire landmasses or because they don't feel that desperate. Humans, however, are second only to the Nharkim so they can go anywhere. Their numerous airships can sometimes cover entire clouds and as for motivation, well, a man must eat, and their king offers plenty...

There is still much-uncharted territory across this bleak world, still many landmasses and dark continents waiting to be explored.

So these Human Cloudsiras are always stretching their limits, increasing the size of the known map, they are constantly pushing how far can they go; how much distance can they cover and how deep can they reach, for as Human technology keeps advancing so do their means of exploring.