Chapter-8

A real man spoils his lady with attention, affection, respect, honesty, love and loyalty.

~Anonymous

•~•

Arhaan shut his phone and glanced at his ex-wife and son and smiled a bit.

Aadhya was so tired that she slept while gazing outside the window. Due to a sharp turn, her head fell on Arhaan's shoulder and Aayansh slept after a while in his father's arms. His heart swelled in happiness seeing his family by his side.

God! He was a big jerk by neglecting Aadhya like that before. He would have been so happy if he wouldn't have ignored and gutted her like that.

All he had ever wanted was a family but due to his anger and egoistic behaviour he had let go of the most precious human being and his dream of a loving family. Aadhya could have fulfilled his dream but he didn't let her. Instead, he hurted her. So much so that she couldn't take it anymore and left him, forever.

Now, whenever he takes a small trip down the memory lane, his heart clenches with pain remembering about all the pain and suffering she went through because of him.

But, not anymore.

He had finally realised his mistakes and he had come back to rectify it. To pacify her to live with him and be his wife again. Obviously, he can't expect Aadhya to just forget everything and forgive him. That would be quite impossible. But he would try his best to win her heart and trust. And he would try his best to change himself for his Aadhya.

"Aadhya, wake up. We have reached." Arhaan said after a long while, just admiring his wife's beauty. God! His wife was so enchanting.

She moaned and snuggled closer, inhaling his scent. He chuckled and thought,'She definitely is not going to wake up right now otherwise she would not be snuggling and cuddling me. God! How can anyone resist this cutie pie?'

He got out of the car, after handing a sleeping Aayansh to his driver, and carried her bridal style. He entered inside the building— in which he was currently staying— holding a sleeping Aadhya in his arms and his driver by his side carrying a sleeping Aayansh.

The whole elevator ride was spent in adoring Aadhya's beautiful and peaceful face by Arhaan. He made sure his driver didn't look at her face.

He opened his apartment's door, tucked Aadhya in his room and dismissed his driver after swaddling Aayansh beside his ex-wife.

30 minutes later, the little kid woke up and managed to get out of the bed without falling or disturbing her mother's sleep.

As the door was a bit open, he  squeezed herself out of the door and walked towards a room where the sound of clicking of a keyboard was heard.

Just as he reached the door, he tripped on thin air and fell down creating a thud sound. Hearing the commotion, Arhaan opened the door only to find his adorable son sitting on the floor.

He grinned at him and he gave him one of his biggest smiles in return. He looked like a mini version of Arhaan when he grinned like that.

"Uh– I didn't want to disturb my mumma. So, I just followed the sound and it lead me to you."

"It's okay. You can come to me anytime, buddy." He said in a gentle tone that he didn't know existed.

"I am hungry."

He picked him up from the floor and asked,"What do you want to eat?"

"Anything is fine with me."

"Okay, then. I will heat up a glass of milk for you."