Chapter-21

Pallavi was forced to go to the hospital once even though she said that she was alright.

And who could have possibly forced her? Her brother, of course.

She had tried to beg Aadhya to convince Arhaan to not let her see a doctor, but she was having none of it.

So, at the end, she had to go to a nearest hospital with Aadhya because all of them knew that if they let Pallavi go alone, she would chicken out and ditch the hospital.

Why? Because she was afraid of needles and medicines. Even the sight of medicines made her nauseous.

So, imagine the amount of fear she would have felt when she saw the big, white building which reeks of medicine with her own eyes.

The first thing Pallavi did when the doctor treated her wounds was glare at Aadhya who was whispering sweet nothings in her ear when the doctor was pulling the glass pieces from her shin.

"Are you mad at me, Pallavi?" Aadhya had asked her with a pout.

"Yes." Pallavi replied curtly.

"But, what did I do?"

"You let my brother force me to go to hospital when you know how much I hate it."

Aadhya sighed,"It was important for you to visit the doctor. You know your brother wants the best for you."

"Hmm. Okay, I forgive you."

"That's like my best friend." She grinned and helped her to sit inside the car.

After Aadhya also sat inside the car, she ignited the engine and the luxurious car roared to life.

***

When Aadhya and Pallavi had gone to the hospital, Aayansh woke up in an unfamiliar, empty room.

He looked around frantically for his mother, but couldn't find her. He was just about to cry when the door opened and Arhaan stepped inside to find his son, sitting on the middle of the bed, on the verge to cry.

His usual insensitive countenance softened a bit when he saw his son.

He walked towards him and sat beside the frightened child.

"Where is my mumma, uncle?"

"Your mumma has gone to hospital, buddy."

"Why? Is she hurt?" His eyes, which were glossy just a second ago was now portraying the concern he felt for his mother.

Amusement flared in his orbs at his words,"Who told you that we go to hospital when we are hurt?"

"Mumma did. She said that when we get a boo-boo, we go to hospital and  when we need help with something, we go to police station."

"You are a smart kid." Arhaan ruffled his son's coal black hair and picked him up.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I will give you a bath, today."

"I won't go anywhere with you. My mumma said that I shouldn't go anywhere with strangers."

"Your mumma said right. But, I am not a stranger. Your mother knows me very well."