Chapter-49

Pallavi was still upset at her best friend for siding with Sarah, but she couldn't control her excitement when she found out that Aadhya was being discharged the next morning.

"Decorate her room with white roses and violets. They are her favorite flowers." Pallavi ordered the servant who was already tired of her hyperactive demeanor.

"Sure, ma'am. You don't need to be so nervous. We will handle everything." The maid assured.

"What is this ruckus about?" Rama— the head maid— said.

"Don't you know? Aadhya is coming back after almost a month." Pallavi ranted.

"I thought you were upset with her." Rama took a basket of flowers from the nearby counter.

"I still am, but that doesn't mean I won't welcome her."

"Oh God! You and your best friend, both are stupid."

"Hey!"

Rama shook her head and passed the basket onto the maid who was passing by.

"Rachit came to meet you, by the way. I told him that you were busy, so he said that he will drop by later."

"What? I was not all that busy. You could have informed me atleast." She pouted in dismay.

The head maid chuckled,"Sure. I will keep in my mind that you are never busy for Rachit."

"Hey! I didn't mean that. I had to discuss a case with him. That's all."

"He is a civil lawyer, Pallavi. How can you discuss criminal cases with a civil attorney?"

"You are smart, aunty. Never knew that."

"I was born smart." Her dramatic voice made Pallavi laugh.

A new set of footsteps were heard which made the two women turn around only to get a literal heart attack.

You may ask, why?
It was because Rachit and Arhaan had entered together, and couldn't stop glaring at each other.

Arhaan still hated Rachit for dating his little sister, and Rachit still hated Arhaan because he hated him.

"Hey! Rachit, I heard you came to meet me. Why don't we go up to my room and talk?" Pallavi handled the situation before things could get worse and they end up shooting each other.

"Just talk, okay? I don't want you doing anything funny with my sister in my presence."

"Okay, bhai. We will just talk. I will leave my room's door open for you. Is that fine?"

"Fine." He grumbled and left for his and Aadhya's room.

For the past month or so, he had rarely stepped inside the house. He mostly stayed with his wife, occasionally coming here to bring her some stuff or food.

But, Aadhya had managed to get him to go to home and take a shower.

So, as he couldn't defy his lovely wife, he came here and took a shower which lasted for atleast 10 minutes.

Then, he packed a pair of Aadhya's clothes and her undergarments. As she was discharging soon, she would need her clothes to wear.

"I am honestly very worried." Pallavi said.

Arhaan was passing through her room when he heard her voice.

He peeped inside and found that his sister's head was laying on Rachit's chest and he was running his hand up-and-down her hair and back.

"Why? What are you worried for?" He softly kissed her forehead.

She snuggled more into him and said,"What will happen to bhai and bhabhi? Will she forgive him? Can she forgive him?"