Chapter-43

Rahul Shekhawat was not a bad guy, and neither was Sarah Agnihotri. They hadn't planned to sleep with each other that dreadful night.

It just happened.

They both were intoxicated and found each other attractive, so they fucked. But, unfortunately, Arhaan saw them sleeping in each other's arms, naked.

When Sarah regained her consciousness, she pushed Rahul away and regretted every moment of it.

Sure, she was with Arhaan because of his family power, but she had come to like him a lot during the time she had started to know him.

His eyes which lit up every time he looked at her made her feel so special that she almost felt guilty for being in a relationship with such a human.

He was such a softie at heart, that it made her fall in love with him over time.

But before she could confess her love, the deed had already happened and Arhaan had already seen them together.

If he hadn't come to his best friend's house uncalled, she would have pretended that night never happened and moved on. She would have confessed her love and they might have been happily married.

It was her bad luck that none of that happened. She lost a pure soul like him just because of her stupidity.

And the worst part was, even after so many years, she still loved him with all her heart.

Maybe it was her punishment for ruining such a boy's life, and she accepted it with open arms.

Every day, she saw the picture they had taken together when he had won the basketball match.

He looked so happy, that it made her heart bleed.

He had his one arm propped up on her shoulder as he kissed her cheek, while she pouted and posed for the picture.

Even now, she remembered the day he had proposed her, or the day they had gone to their first date.

He was so nervous that he kept asking her if she was comfortable, which was quite cute according to Sarah.

The petite woman sighed and closed her phone.
'No use crying over spilt milk now. I should move on. He has too.'
This was an everyday thought.

She kept telling herself that, but couldn't.

Whenever she went on the dates set up by her mother, she couldn't help but remember their first date.

She had lost the chance to be with him.
'Maybe in another life, I can marry you. Maybe in another life, I can hug you and kiss you. Maybe in another life, I can argue with you over petty things. Maybe in another life.'

She sighed once more, and was about to pack up her things to go to her home when she received a message.

She unlocked her phone and found a message from Rahul, Arhaan's ex-best friend.

She didn't even know that she had his number saved on her phone.

She opened the message which was something along the lines of:
Meet me at the cafe outside your office in about 10 minutes. I have a good news for you.

'What good news is this guy talking about?'

She got up from her seat in her office in Mumbai and went to the elevator which left her at the ground level.

Then, she bid goodnight to the receptionist and headed for the cafe which was a few blocks away from her company.

She worked as a graphic designer in a huge company. The salary was sufficient for her to live in a luxurious apartment and afford Louis Vuitton or Gucci or Victoria Secret.

She liked her job, but she had been so busy for the past few days that she wished she hadn't opted for being a graphic designer.

She noticed a tall silhouette of a man from afar and predicted him to be Rahul.

"Hey! What good news do you have for me?" She asked as soon as she saw him.

"Straight on the point, I see. You still haven't changed a bit, huh, Sarah?" He chuckled.

"Old habits die hard." She shrugged.

"Indeed. So, you want to have coffee before we talk?"

"No, I am fine. We can just talk here. There's a nearby park. Want to go there?"

"Sure." He shrugged and they both walked in awkward silence until they reached the aforementioned park.

"So, what good news do you have for me?" She repeated her previous question while sitting on the bench in the middle of the park.

Rahul sat beside her and said,"I have a proposal for you."

"What proposal?" She scrunched her brows in confusion.

"You still love Arhaan, right?"

"Yes. But what it has to do with you?"

"Shush! Let me finish speaking. You know that he is married, right? So, if you want to be with him, then you have to get rid of his wife. I will help you in that. All you have to do is get his wife on a secluded area. The rest will be handled by me."

"What? So, you mean to say that you want to kidnap Arhaan's wife?"

"Yeah." He shrugged.

"But why?"

"That's none of your business. You just have to support me on this one. I am doing you a favour by kidnapping his good-for-nothing wife."

"Okay, first of all, I did not ask for any favour from you. Second of all, I don't want to be with Arhaan knowing that he would be unhappy with me if his wife would be killed. And, besides, his wife is innocent in all this. I am sure she doesn't even know that someone named Sarah Agnihotri exists here in Mumbai. It's better if she is left out of our shit."

"Sarah, this is a one-time opportunity. Think about it, okay? I am not forcing you, but it would be better for all of us if his wife just dies. You will get your Arhaan back, and I will get peace."

"Arhaan is not mine anymore. And my decision will never change, Rahul. I suggest you to stop going through with this shitty plan. It's not fair on her part."

"Everything is fair in love and war, my dear. If you don't want to support me, then fine. But don't regret this later, Sarah."

"I won't." She said and stood up, turning on her heels, she ran far away from him.

Even if she was extremely stupid in her high school days, she wasn't stupid now.

She knew she had to do something and she wasn't stupid enough to call Arhaan and tell him all this, because she knew he would never believe her.

And why would he? He didn't have any reason to believe her.

So, now she had to do something to save the woman she knew nothing about.

She just knew that they had a kid and lived in Delhi together.

But this information would not get her anywhere, so she used something she never thought she would ever have to use.

She opened her phone and dialled Pallavi's number on her other phone which was almost useless.

She texted her in an anonymous way so that nobody would find out that it was her who texted Arhaan's little sister.

After that, she resumed her walk back to home as if nothing had happened.

She believed that she was not stupid, but she was the most stupid person ever.

She should have done this in the safety of her house, not in the middle of the street where anybody could watch her actions.

But now what was done was done. Rahul would have to do what he didn't wish to.

'Why are women so stupid? I am sorry, Sarah, but now you will stay in the same lock-up as Aadhya. You are a nice woman, but there's no place for niceness in this shitty world. The only thing I can do is protect you from sexual harassment and make sure you don't die.'