Chapter-22

Arhaan walked down the long and dark corridor with an indifferent visage. The corridor was so dark that even an owl wouldn't be able to see at night.

The only source of light in the whole building were small bulbs attached at the ceiling.

"Boss, room number 306." Arhaan heard an emotionless voice which made him smile darkly.

Without even bothering to acknowledge that man's presence, he walked down to the last room whose door was painted black.

He pushed open the door and stepped inside the room which reeked of blood, urine and puke.

A man in his mid-thirties was seen tied up to a chair in the middle of the room.

"How are you, Mr. Singhania?" Arhaan mocked the man who was covered in sweat and blood.

When he didn't reply, Arhaan continued,"What happened? You don't want to speak?"

"You will never know what you want to know, Arhaan." That man spitted out.

"Yeah? You shouldn't challenge an Ahuja, Mr. Singhania."

He picked up a sharp knife and twirled it around his fingers in a menacing way.
"Now, either you speak or you tolerate my infamous torture."

"It's better to die than tell you what you want to know."

Arhaan rolled his eyes and said,"You think I will let you die this easily? What you did was fucking unforgivable. My son could have been in danger because of your fucking greed."

"I am not sorry. It would have been better if your son had just d—"

Before he could complete his sentence, Arhaan slit his hand with the sharp knife.

That man screamed in pain which gave immense pleasure to Arhaan.

"Now—"

"I will tell you. Just, please don't hurt me."

"I expected better from you. I thought that you will never tell me. But, it's okay. I don't blame you. I know how sharp my knife is. Now, tell me before I kill you."

"Mr. Romano." He just managed to speak one name before a bullet pierced his skull, killing him on the spot.

Arhaan's whole body was trembling with rage due to that one name. That single name brought back so many bad memories that it almost made him faint.

That rage vanished just as fast as it came and his eyes were back to being emotionless.

"Clear this area." He said and moved out from the disgusting room.

"Sir?"

He looked at the person who had interrupted him.
"Will you be back tomorrow?"

"No."

"Uh–how are we going to collect the information now that you have killed our only source?"

"Don't worry about it."

The man nodded his head and moved in the other direction.

Arhaan sighed and continued his walk to the door.

He took a deep breath once he was out of the abandoned building, sat inside his exorbitant car and ignited the engine. After he buckled himself in, he drove off from the building which was in the outskirts of the town.

He was about to reach home when his phone rang. He picked it up and before he could say anything, Pallavi said,"Where are you? I have been waiting for you for 2 hours now. You could have atleast informed me that you won't be in the house. Even Aayansh is missing you."