Chapter-42

Guys, thank you so much for giving this story a chance and giving it a 100k reads. I couldn't be any more thankful. I am an amateur writer, and if I ever offended you or disappointed you then please forgive this poor soul.

As a thankyou gift, I am giving you an early update😉. Enjoy.

•~•

"God! Why do I always have to come with you to some stupid events?" Aadhya groaned as soon as she heard that she had to go to a meeting with her husband.

"Because you are my wife." He shrugged and plopped down on the soft mattress.

"This is the last time, Arhaan." She sighed, and again focused her gaze on her reflection in the mirror.

"The last time, indeed." He muttered.

"Huh?" Even though his stature was nonchalant and calm, his voice held a dangerous undertone to it. It was as if he was promising something to her, and she didn't like it.

She didn't like the way his tone changed, or the way he was looking at her. Never in her life had she been afraid, but now she was terrified.

"Stop looking at me like that." She snapped, suppressing her fear.

"Like what?"

"Like you will be seeing me for the last time."

He shrugged,"I might die anytime, for all we know. So, let me look at you while I can so that I don't regret later."

"Shut up. You are scaring me."

"Oh? So, you can get scared, huh?" The teasing glint was back. And for a second, she was thankful for his sudden change in demeanor.

"Shut up, and sleep."

"I am not sleepy."

"Then fuck off."

"What if I just fuck you?"

She looked at him through her lashes and scoffed before walking to the bed, and taking off a pillow and a blanket.

"You are sleeping on the couch?"

"No, you are sleeping on the couch. So, get up before I push you."

"Don't tell anyone that I get ordered around by my wife." He muttered and got down from the bed.

Aadhya smiled discreetly and fell on the bed, with a soft sigh.

She didn't want to worry about tomorrow, but she couldn't help it.

These past few days had been a bliss, and she didn't want this to end. But when had God ever listened to her?

She knew that there was something that Arhaan was keeping from her, and she could only hope that it was not anything important because she would hate to ruin the things between them.

He had been very sweet towards her from the past few days, and she was loving every bit of it. He had stood up for her in front of his mother. He had made sure that she had everything that she needed and wanted.

But despite all this, she didn't want to forgive him, she couldn't. She couldn't let go of the past like it was nothing. She couldn't pretend that they didn't have a past and move on.

She wanted a closure, which she was sure she wouldn't get. Because the both of them knew that Arhaan had zero excuses of his past behaviour.

Sure, he had apologized multiple of times, but she couldn't bring it in herself to forgive him. She also couldn't hate him now after all the good things he had done for her and Aayansh.