Chapter-17

A real man won't date the most beautiful girl in the world. He will date the girl that makes his world beautiful.

~Anonymous

•~•

"Anika, can you please check up on the stage lights?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks. Ms. Nandini, do your work instead of flirting with Mr. Anand."

"Sorry, ma'am." Nandini mumbled while Anand— her boyfriend— tried to hold his laughter.

Aadhya was on the edge since  morning because of the Annual Function that was held today.

On one side, she was anxious about the results and on the other side, she was ecstatic because she thought that she wouldn't have to see her ex-husband ever again after today.

"Ma'am, one of the participants has sprained her leg. I don't think she will be able to perform." One of her favourite students came to her with a bad news.

"Oh shit! Where is she?"

"Room 205."

"Okay. Check on the decorations and refreshments for me, please, while I check on the girl."

"Okay."

Aadhya sashayed her way towards the greenroom and knocked on the door.

After getting the permission to enter, she opened the door wide enough to see the girl wincing in pain.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just a little sprain. I am sure it will heal by the time—"

"No. You are not performing in this state. Go home and rest. Its okay. We would just tell the host about your sprain."

"But—"

"Don't worry about your team. They said that it was okay for you to not perform."

"Okay then. Thank you, ma'am."

"Take care." Aadhya smiled and left the injured student alone.

Just as she stepped out of the room, her chest collided with another hard, masculine chest.

Before she could fall on her ass, the person who had a permanent frown etched over his face grabbed her bare waist and pulled her closer.

The proximity between them was making her nervous. She tried to pull away but Arhaan's hold on her waist got more firm and he pulled her unbelievably closer to him, making it hard for her to escape.

"Where do you think you are going, love?"

"Away from you." Her bold reply made Arhaan chuckle, darkly.

"You won't be able to escape my proximity, love. I will always find you, no matter how far you go away."

"Leave me, Arhaan. You are standing in the school premises. We don't want to make a scene in front of hundreds of students."