Chapter-18

"None of my wishes are about you anymore."

~Anonymous

•~•

Ever since that day, she tried to ignore her budding feelings for a certain someone. But, it just got harder and harder each day.

Even though the said someone was very charming and a complete gentleman from the outside, she knew that he was a playboy from the inside and she didn't want her heart to get broken by a conceited jerk.

So, she did everything she could to stay away from him. She changed her cabin, came to live with her best friend for a while and even tried to ignore the unrequited sexual tension.

Did you think that this 'she' was Aadhya? Well, then, you couldn't be any more wrong.

That 'she' was Pallavi.

And, that 'he' was Rachit Singh. The one who separated Aadhya and Arhaan legally.

Rachit was the owner of the firm in which Pallavi worked. His cabin was just opposite to Pallavi's and that's how the CEO saw his employee.

Pallavi and Rachit were both excellent in their own ways. Neither of them had lost a case and they were respected by every Indian citizen.

Pallavi was known because of her fierce and bold attitude in the court and kind and helping nature in general.

Rachit was known for his ruthless and playboy behaviour and his whim to serve justice to his country.

Pallavi was enchanted by his cold looks and no matter how much bad things she had heard about him, she still wanted to solve the mystery he possessed beneath that cold stature.

And, Rachit was equally captivated by her alluring looks. He had heard about her bold demeanor but he saw her being meek in front of him which lead him to believe that she was like every other women.

He wanted a woman who was bold, dominant, feisty and who could give him a fair competition.

Her gentle behavior further lead him to hate her.
While he hated her at first glance, she was attracted to him at first sight.

She didn't want to think about his chiseled jawline, perfectly shaped eyebrows, pink lips and his beautiful orbs which made her want to drown in them, but she still did. Every single day.

"Pallavi?" Her brother called her.

"Yeah?" She snapped out of whatever daze she was in and looked around her.

After the Annual Function was over, both the siblings had come back to Arhaan's house and Aadhya had gone to her home with Aayansh.

"Where are you lost? I called you multiple times."

"Huh? Nothing. I was just thinking. You were saying something?"

"What happened to the Karva Chauth murder case?"

"We are on it. The investigation is still going on, but I believe that we will soon find out the culprit."