Chapter-45

Another month passed in a blink of an eye, but there were still no updates of Aadhya.

It was as if she had vanished from the surface of this Earth. There was not even a trace of her anywhere.

Arhaan did everything he could to keep up his promise, but he couldn't and he was growing frustrated with each passing second without her.

His mornings started with a numb feeling, evenings spent in trying to locate his wife and the nights were leisurely spent in drinking the loss away.

While he was busy with his own little life, Pallavi was busy juggling between her work, boyfriend and nephew.

She was physically and mentally tired, and she wanted nothing more than to escape from this world and live somewhere far away with Rachit.

She missed those days where she was free to do anything and go anywhere, but now she couldn't. She had become a temporary mother for Aayansh.

Now she knew how hard it must have been for Aadhya to manage as a single mother.

As Arhaan was too busy in his work, Pallavi spent her free time with Aayansh, helping him with his homework and playing with him until he fell asleep.

She prayed every day for the return of her best friend, but it seemed impossible at this rate.

Rachit had tried to help, but Arhaan refused it saying that he was enough to find out his wife. His ego had gotten the better of him. He refused to accept help from anyone.

For this, Pallavi had scolded him and requested Rachit to forgive her stupid brother's behaviour and help her find her sister-in-law.

And, as Rachit could not resist Pallavi's request, he agreed. Even if he was just an owner of a famous law firm, he had many connections he could use to get hold of information about anyone.

It was quite bizarre for a Mafia Boss and a lawyer to work together, but they had to put aside their problems and work together for their respective partners.

So, like every other day from the past one month, Rachit was seated on the chair beside Arhaan with a laptop propped up on his arm.

He had no interest in finding his ex-client, but he had to for the sake of his girlfriend whom he loved so much.

"I don't give a fuck about your honeymoon. You do as I say. Got it?" Arhaan commanded to one of his employee who had just gotten married and was in the middle of a heavy make-out session.

"Yes, sir." He grumbled and kissed his new bride on the cheek to calm her rage.

"Good. I need you to find out if Aadhya is there in Russia. I need the information before the Sun sets."

"But, sir, Russia is a big country. How can I find her in less than 4 hours?"

"I don't care. You do whatever you have to do. But, I want your call before the Sun sets. Is that clear?"

"Yes." He groaned after the call was cut and wore his shirt before hurriedly leaving his fuming wife on the bed, almost naked and cold.

"Have some mercy on that poor guy." Rachit mumbled without leaving his gaze from the computer, where he was watching the footage of the banquet for the millionth time.

"Did you find anything yet?" He ignored Rachit's comment.

"No. Have some patience." He rolled his eyes.

"Remember this when your love gets kidnapped."

"You mean Pallavi?" He smirked, knowing well that how much this would rile Arhaan up.