Chapter-51

"Aadhya, can you come out now? I am getting late." Arhaan shouted out to his wife when she didn't come out even after being inside the washroom for an hour.

'She never took this long to shower. What's up with her?' He thought just when the door opened and Aadhya stepped out, drying her hair with a towel.

"It took you ages to–" The rest of the sentence crawled back to his throat when he really saw her.

"How do I look?" She asked him while twirling around to give him a full view of her front and back.

He opened his mouth to reply, but closed it again when no words escaped his lips.

Aadhya chuckled and moved to the vanity table, sitting down on the chair and brushing her long hair until she removed all the knots.

"What's the occasion? Why are you dressed like that?"

"Your parents are coming."

"So?"

"So what? I want to impress them."

"Why?"

"They are your parents. Of course, I would want to impress them."

"But I don't want you to impress them. They aren't worth your time." He frowned and stood just behind his wife, looking at her through the mirror.

"You didn't answer my question. How do I look?" She changed the topic, before this disagreement could change into a full blown argument.

"Fucking beautiful. You always look beautiful, love, but that's not the point. Why are you wearing a saree?"

"Why? Can't a woman wear what she likes now?" She questioned back while applying moisturizer on her face and hands.

"Of course, you can. I wouldn't want to miss this beautiful view if it was for me. I am not stupid."

"I dressed up for you."

"You dressed up for my parents, not me. Why is that? We both know you don't like them."

"I don't. But today is a happy day, and I want to end things on a good note."

"What are you going to do?" He crouched down to her level and rested his chin on the top of her head.

"Just wait and watch, husband. You are going to love it." She smirked before applying a red lipstick to finish off her look.

Then, she wore some bangles and her nuptial chain which she never wore. This arose suspicions in Arhaan's mind.

"What are those for?" He put forward his question when he saw her wearing a simple pair of earrings.

"To complete my look." She replied, then took out a curler from the cabinet under the table and curled her now-dry hair from the end.

"Hey! Stop it." He grabbed her curler and pried it away from her fingers.

"What? Let me get ready." She stood up, and that was when Arhaan finally took notice of her skimpy saree.

"What is this? Is this what you wear in front of your elders?" He taunted, though his eyes gave out his true emotions.

He didn't mind what she wore in front of his parents, but he didn't want her to roam around in this revealing attire.

There were a lot of testosterone roaming in this house, and he was sure that his wife's sight would make any man get down on his knees.

Aadhya shrugged and put her hand on his chest, then she moved her mouth to his ear and whispered,"This is a type of revenge, my dear."

"Revenge? From me or the people I call parents?"