Chapter-37

"We can't kidnap her now. Mr. Alvarez took all my weapons."

"Shit. Then, give her a demonstration of what will happen to her once we get a hold on her."

"This was what I was waiting for since so long." The man laughed evilly and eyed Aadhya with an evil glint in his eyes.

***

"I am sorry, love. I swear I will never dictate you again." Arhaan followed Aadhya across the room and kept apologizing but she paid no heed to his words.

Suddenly, she stopped and looked around her with an alarmed expression on her face.

Seeing her, Arhaan also stopped and stepped in front of her.

"What happened?"

"I am having a very bad feeling, Arhaan."

"It's okay. It's just an intuition."

"That's the problem. My intuitions are never wrong."

Arhaan looked around for a while and frowned when he saw Giovanni looking at his wife. He glared at him which made the Italian Mafia Don look away for a while.

"We can't leave just yet. I have some work to do."

"I will stay with you then." Aadhya muttered fearfully which made Arhaan smile a bit.

"As you wish." He said and turned around before she could see a small smile creeping up on his handsome face.

'Atleast she will stay by my side tonight.' He thought and looked behind to see Aadhya lost in her own thoughts.

"Do you want that guy to catch you so that he could do things to you only I am allowed to do?" Even thinking about this made his blood boil.

"Do you think it's fun to tease women about this?"

He didn't reply just grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, coiling an arm around her waist.

"We will leave as soon as I finish my pending work."

She hummed and looked behind Arhaan at the man who had been looking at her for a while with a frown.

Arhaan led her to a table where the 2 power couples were already seated and sat beside the host of the Ball while Aadhya sat beside Emma who made some small talks with her and Sofia.

"What is wrong with Mr. Romano. I caught him looking over here twice." Sofia's observation made Arhaan, Carmen and Felix clench their fists.

Even though Carmen and Felix had just met Aadhya, they felt an overwhelming urge to protect her because Arhaan had been their partner and friend for as long as they could remember.

"Stay away from Giovanni. He is not a good person." Arhaan ordered his wife with a clenched jaw which irked Aadhya to no extent.

"What if I don't want to stay away from him? He is a handsome man. No women would want to avoid a person like him." Aadhya didn't find Giovanni handsome but her husband's bossy behavior made her say that.