Chapter 15: Got Arrested

“We cannot let a person get inside the capital without an identification card.”

One of the guards told Mareine when it was about her time.

‘Card? What's that...?’ She thought critically. She never heard Alvin nor any of those people from the small village talk about that.

“Erm.... C-can I just go...? I'm a kid... Have some respect please....” She murmured slowly; reasoning out to just let her go inside.

STEP ASIDE.” The guard responded firmly.

‘To come this way.... But only to fail?’  Having this thought, she gritted her teeth.

Mareine lined up in a long line standing and waiting until it was her turn.

There were many visitors from other places coming to the city and she was one of them.

But in the end, after those hours of standing in a long line, she couldn't get inside because she doesn't have an identification card.

‘I have no choice.’

Her string, invincible to other people, appeared. Her Distinctive Special Passive Ultimate Skill: Marionettist, the controller, (Lucifer)— She can use this skill anytime at her will, and as what the name of the skill ‘the controller’, she can manipulate people and even make them her puppets.

With just a one move from her finger, the guard in front of her was now in control of her.

Can I go now?” Mareine said.

“Yes, as you wish.”

The other guards got confused why they're letting a person without an identification card to come in, so again, Mareine had no choice but to manipulate all the guards guarding up the gate to remove the ruckus.

Lucifer, from its name, it's truly demonic.

After stepping inside the capital, Mareine deactivated her skill and removed the strings connected to the guards.

After that, the guards were in trouble, trying to remember something they thought they forgot but the can't seem to recall it. 

“What happened.?”

“Did I fail to remember something?”

“I forgot something.”

“Maybe it's nothing important. ”

◇◆◇

────────────────

“Woah! The capital is so beautiful!!”

I can't help but to glance all over my surroundings. My mind was amazed all over what I saw— this place is full of people.

There were houses, vendors, small stores and even their roads were amazing. Concrete brick roads and passageways.

Countless peoples were talking and chattering and many kids were playing as I walked by in almost the whole street.

And as I look at the sky, I see something the same as my Barrier Shield.

「 Divine Barrier
Spell Class: SS
Durability: S 」

The Marionetteʼs Puppeteer (Volume 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara