Chapter 32: Coup de Grace

“Oh my, oh my my. Where is she?” The lady, with the two headed snake beside her, was baffled.

Although the poison breath of her snake is a fatal that can melt bones, it was rather fast to say that Mareine melted because of it.

“She suddenly vanished... My my. If she got caught up in the breath, then I should have at least seen her armor slowly melting or her body.” Her brows knitted. “But I couldn't even see not even the remnants. My my, oh my.”

She switched up her gravity and she landed on the land where the puppeteer who ruined her plan was standing before, but she saw nothing but just some grass decaying by the poison breath.

‘Did she teleport? My my. I casted an anti teleportation barrier at the whole village. My.’ She thought.

And she moved her head forward, there was a barrier covering a hut that acts as a shield. Now the problem is, there were no village people. They also disappeared together with Mareine.

“..... My...?”

From her anger, a black lighting strikes from the night sky, to the ground. Everyone will faint if they hear the sound of the loud thunder. 

Even far from the capital city, the noise was heard clearly as a crystal.

Birds and other animals surrounding the small village start to go on a rampage and so the lady together with her two headed servant.

And in just half a minute, the whole small village became nothing but just some wreck and ruins.

But far afar, someone was aiming with a bow.

“Coup d etat—!”

An arrow pierced through the body of a scaled snake. It was a perfect shot, even when aiming at the top of a tree.

The second shot hit the palm of the lady and that made her scream so bad that the thunder synchronized with her.

“How dare you!! So it is you! You never disappeared!!! Argghhh!!!” 

Her eyes could see where the arrows came from even if it was thousands of meters away.

“CHASE THAT PUPPETEER YOU SNAKE!” 

Within her command, the huge snake crawled and slithered aggressively to the target.

On the lady’s back, two huge transparent hands appeared then—

“THUNDER CLAP!”

A wave of electricity swept off the whole surrounding. 

The person who was aiming with her bow fell on the tree as she saw the huge snake hastily coming towards her. 

But as she fell, she fused her mana and made another arrow. And so, she aimed the arrow, and her last shot was fired.

“Coup de grace."

In a fast pace, the arrow killed the snake and so the lady who was commanding the two headed snake.

It was like hitting two birds with one stone, but more likely hitting two targets with one arrow.

And at last...... The bow on her hand slowly dissipated as she slowly fell to the ground.

The night sky was clear and the rumbling noise from the sky disappeared.

The small ruined village was left with the body of a Lady having a hole in the middle of her body where the blow of “Coup de grace” pierced through.

◇◆◇

My body...... Feels very uncomfortable. No, it feels heavy. Like some sort of metal.

Then, a loud shout came out of my mouth as I saw my hand.

..... No..... It's a puppet.....!!

“I’M A PUPPET!!!”  

H-how did this happened?

I was in the middle of nowhere in these woods. Leaning my back with my puppet body.

There was no problem. I can still use all my skills but the only different was my body. It's the same as usual, but a puppet with no flesh.

I couldn't even hear my own heart beating. I don't even have a heart in this puppet in the first place.

I then suddenly remembered when I'm in the middle of a battle with the witch lady and the two headed snake.

A screen flashes in front of me. It was like the world notification. As I remember.... I think it said “requirements have been met?

S-SERIOUSLY!??”

I remember it clearly now. It was “Life on a puppet”, a subskill from my Special Passive Ultimate Skill: Lucifer.

What's worse is that this puppet has no barrier shield unlike my original body. No generation ability or skill either.

Double how defenseless my original body.

I never knew what “Life on a puppet” was, and I thought it's just some offensive skill. To think it was a buff type skill.

Then, where's my original body?

No, where the hell I am first?