Chapter 31: Mission: Kill the witch or escape

I can only hear the sound, and judging by the sound, the snake must be tremendously huge and just by imagining how it looks, my knees gave out with a chill on my back.

A hissing sound, it seems that a snake was crawling in circles around the small village.

«Master, because of the noise, the villagers have been panicking. What is happening master? Should I assist you?»

When a voice reverberated inside my head, I was snapped out of reality.

“Sebris, come to my location faster!” 

«What about the peop—

“Hurry up!”

«Understood!»

I stood up from the ground and looked at the direction towards the hut. Sebris was running towards me.

I then extended my hand towards her.

“Sebris, Please dodge!” I shouted to her. “STRING PROTECTION!!”

Rays of string came out from my hand and it was heading in a fast way towards the hut. When Sebris dodged it, the string formed as a shield and covered the whole hut.

“Command, Master.”

“You hear that noise right?”

“Yes, the noise of a big snake.”

“Well then, go find out if it's true or just some bluff the witch made.”

Sebris nodded, then raised her left hand.

“FIRE SIGHT!”

It was like fireworks that came out from her hand. It bloomed perfectly in the sky then, Sebris told me her verdict.

“Master, a two headed hydra snake was spotted outside this village.”

What—!? A snake and it's two headed? No wonder the hissing sound feels very unreal. Is this caused by a witch or just some creatures lurking in the dark?

“No master, judging from it, it is a familiar of a witch.” Sebris answered and I was speechless.

Right... I forgot my puppets can somehow read my mind, but it's not time for that!!

I can't kill a giant snake. Should I just teleport the whole village people to another place?

I can hear them crying in tears and in fear inside the string shield I made that covers them.

What.... Should I do....???

Sebris can't kill that thing and so does me. Even if we two joined forces, we still stand no chance for a giant snake!!

The only choice was to.... Escape. I'll just leave this mission as a failure. At least I'll be alive....

This is settled then. ESCAPE is the only resort.

“Sebris, do you have any teleportation skill?”

“Yes master, I have.”

A sigh of relief came out of my mouth.

“Then, let's teleport all the people in—

“I am very sorry master but, the whole village is covered inAnti-Teleportation barrierand all teleportation skills are locked and prohibited.” Sebris responded in disdain.