Chapter 25: Inside the 'World of Puppets'

I was about to shout, but I remembered that Marry was on the next bed sleeping.

Gladly, I used ‘Peace Alleviation’ to slow the rapid beating of my heart. 

So....

I looked above me, to the floating puppet.

Can this puppet really talk?

«Yes, I can, master

That's creepy. His voice sounds very husky and it's not cute.

«It is because I came from the broken soul of the person named “Galton”»

Galton? Who's that?

«I don't know, my master.»

The voice... It sounded like one of those barbarians who tried to sell me when I got freed from the forest.

So, perhaps this puppet has the soul of one of those?

«It seems, my master.»

I stared at the puppet fiercely and I could feel that the puppet felt scared.

So you can read my mind, huh?’

«M-Master and me are c-connected..»

I see. My puppets can read my mind but only when I have the will to command them. That's why the twin dolls of the zodiac easily finished my command.

So what should I do with you?

«I can go to theWorld of Puppets’ and I can stay in the human world without limit

Without limit? Then why did those zodiac twins couldn't stay in this world?

«Because I am owned by master and even if my mana got depleted, I can still remain in this world.»

A-Amazing. But this puppet is weak.

«I apologized, my master

In my eyes, this is the result I have on him:

「 Name: N/A
Species: Conscious Puppet
Power: 239
Skill: Bond of Lucifer 」

Very weak indeed. I heard from Carzle, that summoner from Alvin’s village that Puppets don't level up like summons from summoners.

So am I going to have this puppet with only one skill?

«Master, I cannot level up however, since I am a puppet, my power and skills rely on you.»

Relies on me....?

So he's saying that I'm weak? 

“Go back now. World of Pupp—

«W-W-Wait master!! I am very sorry!!!»

The puppet then flew nearer to me like an annoying fly bugging me, and he seemed to be begging.

‘Tell me more later since I'm going to take a rest for now. Wake me up when this girl sleeping on the next bed wakes up.’

«I will do that, master

◇◆◇

When I opened my eyes, I realized that I'm not inside that house of that small village where we had a mission with Marry but instead, I was in a very weird place.

The ground was green grass, and there were trees. It was like a forest but, when I looked up above, it was an empty space. It was pitch black. There was no sky but I could still see my surroundings.

I was like inside an island floating on the vastness of space.

I was worried. I thought I died and I even said I got kidnapped by the witch Marry talked about but luckily, I realized too late that I was inside the subskill of my Lucifer— the ‘World of Puppets’

I don't know how I ended up in this place but it looks like I unconsciously did it while I was sleeping.

‘I should go back.’

My body slowly vanished but I stopped. 

‘Now that I came to this world for the first time, I should go check on the puppets and things I stored in this place!’ I planned. Besides, the time here and the time in the human world is different because of time dilation.

Then, before taking a step forward, a young girl whose face I knew appeared.

She was very nervous and scared. Her whole body trembled in front of me.

“..... N-Nice to m,meet you M-M-Mareine-sama.....”

Sebris, the young girl they fought before coming to the village, was alive. She was allegedly killed by Marry, but half of her soul was taken by Mareine and the remaining pieces of her body was made into a puppet— She was now a puppet of Mareine.

“It’s nice to see you too! Sebris! How's your other friend?” I asked her as I looked in her eyes, but she averted my gaze. She seemed to be scared of me even though I already dominated her soul.

I should have erased her memories too.