Chapter 43: The right punishment

There were too many cases. Is it done yet? Or many more were coming? I never knew that my thinkless actions can lead to unpredictable bad consequences.

【 Fifth case proven guilty: Act Of Violation 】

I killed the witch without permission— is also a crime. It was an infringement of the law. The lawyer man explained that I should have a level of a hero/champion or seraphim to battle with a witch with high class.

Even because I protected people I'm gonna get arrested?

Marry, seated in a far row seat, who couldn't hold up anymore raised her voice and shouted.

“MAREINE-SAN IS INNOCENT! If an enemy is in front of you, shouldn't you defeat it with your common sense? If she doesn't do that, then further damage will happen!”

She made a lot of points, but it was useless. Alfred and her brother Alcred also said their opinion, quoting that it was part of a mission. But the court said even “With mission, it still needed to have a permit.”

Marry also told them how we get to fight with a three bandit person. And how we survive by fighting against them.

“Is that also the reason why I see half of your soul inside of you?”

“H-half of the soul?.... Y-yes I s-somehow killed a girl.”

Everyone had their jaws fall off the ground. Even her brother was dumbstruck.

“M-Marry, you killed someone...?”

“Yes brother, and I don't regret it. If I didn't kill that girl, then I'd be dead now.” She courageously said. It was as if the coward Marry had disappeared.

I said my opinion towards the saintess then. 

“Killing someone. If Marry killed someone, then do you consider her evil? Even if we're living in a world where survival of the fittest is the rule?”

Once more, the atmosphere became silent.

“You, a saintess, also have killed someone right?”

“Yes, I have. They are the sinners and monsters.”

“But that doesn't change the fact that they're human like us.”

【 Sixth case proven guilty: Nature Violation

I was appalled. Even more frustrated realizing what I had done. I was to be in fact didn't mind the side effects of the skills I have especially the twins’ ultimate skill. I've done it twice.

The first one was to try the skill. Although I did fixed the damge I made, the blast and shockwave were to powerful that it reached throughout the capital and caused some wild animals or monsters to go on rampage— that was what the lawyer explained.

The second one did rung a bell to the heads of Alfred and Alcred.

When Marry and I had a fight with those three bandits, which where Sebris, Staz, and Haruke, I unleashed the second phase of ‘Pulse of Geminorum’ that caused twice the damage of the first one.

It was a checkmate. The king was perfectly baited.

A

nd the final verdict of the three judges was decided after that.

【 The Puppeteer ‘Mareine’ should no longer step foot in this country. If a crime was again committed by her outside the country, this country will have no responsible for her, even when death. 】

« Evolve to PseudoChristos »
‹ Yes/No

No. I don't. I refuse.

◇◆◇

Rather chaotic. Before the final judgment, a lot of commotion happened.

“But she has the ultimate skill of peace, we should let her be on our side!”

“We don't know if that was just some replica skill.”

“She just look like a kid.”

The saintess also approved that the skill she possessed was real, so giving the defendant the punishment of ‘Death’ is too much.

The house Navida also supported that a lighter punishment other than death and death labor. So the judgment comes: country banishment or exile.

Prisonment was also not a good option. The puppeteer has no background information and she was still a kid.

So, the church agreed. It was because the individual ‘Marreine’ has one of the heavenly virtues. But of course, they're plotting something.

◇◆◇

“I wanna talk to Marre—

Tons of guards were blocking the sight between Marry and Me. Marry was about to tell me something before I'll never step a foot on this country, but it was restricted. I should never, ever make contact with whoever person it is from this country.

I'm sorry, Marry. I'm sorry Alvin, I couldn't go with you together at the Academy.

“Relocate—”

The saintess said and the place changed into a dark, night, a view of what you can see from the sky. I was teleported with the saintess at midair of whatever place is this—

“Kyaaaa!— CHAMUEL!!”

I was lucky. Chamuel’s wings saved me from death.

“I-I really couldn't believe you are a saint! I can't believe you let me fall from the sky!”

With a stern face, she formed a smile at the end. Not happy because she almost killed me, but something else.

She lifted her veil and thus her beautiful face was shown.

“My name is Olivia. A saint.”

.... I can't believe she was introducing herself fifteen thousand feet of height from the ground! This isn't something formal at all!

I drew back unconsciously without realizing. She felt confused at my moves.

‘Why move back? Are you scared of me?’ Is what she expressed and tried to say.

“I’m sorry, should you at least put us on the surface?”