Chapter 24: The Joker's Twist: What? This Puppet Can Talk?!!

“We can add that amount of gold, and even more... But can you really do this? Can you help us?”

“We can help. Finding the witch behind all these things will be easy. Right, Mareine san?” Marry answered then looked at me waiting for me to seconded.... but I can't!

What do you mean easy? What would happen if we got cursed by that witch, Marry!? Why is she so confident? She got even scared after killing that bandit girl.

“Wait— Marry, we can no—

My voice got overlapped by hers.

“Right? Mareine san also agreed. We will finish this mission!” Marry declared putting me in a tight position.

What the heck is this joker thinking? Maybe her skill ‘Fool’ was overtaking her!??

“We will defeat that witch but first, let us rest first. Witches will only strike and it's early in the morning.” She added. I was speechless, I couldn't disagree with her.

“Then, it is settled. The whole village has trust in the two of you.” The skinny boy exclaimed.

So, everything went according to Marry’s plan. But in the first place, does she even have a plan?

The meeting was then finished and the people who sneaked or peek into our conversation earlier now went away.

The skinny boy led us to another house, just beside the place where we talked and he offered us a room that has two beds. After that, that skinny boy left and prepared something at the other house.

I wasn't expecting this, but the whole room was organized and clean.

‘The problem in this village was just the witch’s curse and the goblin’s?’— I can't help but to think that.

Perhaps their crops died because of the witch and because they got affected by the curse of the goblin that they killed, merchants and traders were afraid of them that's why they don't have that much resources?

Curse Shackle’— A buff type skill (passive) that activates when the holder dies. The effect concludes:

•Bad Aura
•Thought Control
•‘Unlucky’ (status nerf)

That's at least what my eyes gives me. The effect has no effect on Marry and Me, but to weak people like them, they can't dispel it immediately. 

In the eyes of other people, they might see this village people as a monster because of the bad Aura and it will even be worsened because of thought control.

“Mareine-san, let’s rest first. I have a plan, I'll tell you but..... I'm a bit tired..” She said letting me see her worn out expressions. “My..... Butt also hurt because of the long ride...”

“.......O-okay.”

That was awkward and weird.

Marry falls on the bed and rests there then suddenly, a cute sound can be heard like it was inside my ear.

“Pyun~ Kyuu!”

“Kyuee.”

?

Is this mind telepathy? I can hear it directly inside my head.

My eyes widened after I realized something that I had forgotten.

“It's my P-PUPPETS!!” I shouted in surprise.

“Eh? Mareine san, what was that for? Your puppets? Didn't you left them outside when the meeting earlier started?”