Chapter 30: Mission: Kill The Witch Part 2

I was left inside the village to guard these village peoples. It's not because they forced me to, but because I just felt like something strange was going to happen.

‘Maybe this is what we call, ‘Puppeteer’s doubt’?’

Just kidding lol. 

Of course it's a lie. I'm not expecting something bad will happen but rather I'm scared because the twin dolls of mine still won't come out when I summon them. The cooldown was expected to be around three days.

I'm defenseless in my current state. My shield was only one layered and the second layer was still generating. Even with the help of ‘King Of War, (Ares)’ that I stole from Staz, it's still useless.

I can't use the arena that Staz once summoned because I'm still insufficient.

‘I know that every game starts with a scratch, but this is real literally.... I gotta need to be like an OP character.’ I felt pathetic having this kind of mindset.

I gave instructions to the village people and they followed them as well. 

We were all inside a hut. We all fit inside. Well, that was supposed to be expected since this village was very small.

And with my Azazel, I was in the very front of them all, sitting on a metallic chair I made.

I hope there will be like a sort of reward for this mission. No, wait! This is a quest, but with another quest! 

‘Isn’t this what we call a sub-quest?’

Hohoho, I hope the reward will be a house and lot.

Thankfully, these village people have no Karen or else there will be a commotion here.

About 20 of the adults were inside waiting for another instruction. But I only told them that they just need to wait and just be silent because I hate it when it's noisy.

There was a baby who cried really loud a minute before. The mother got scared. That's why beside me, there was a puppet show that was, of course, made by my Azazel and strings. Kids were watching and it felt very nice looking at them not worried so I let it just continue.

“I will go out for a moment.” I said to them,

“But.... What about the puppet show?” One of the kids asked.

“It’s okay. They can still move even if I'm away.” I reassured them.

The play won't stop even if I'm not in that place. It's because I'm not the marionettist in that show. 

The one who controlled all those strings was no other than the single conscious puppet I owned. I haven't given him a name yet.

I then went outside the hut and the cold wind first embraced me. Only the light of the torch in this village and inside their houses was the light source. 

In the neighboring place beside this small village, it's very dark. That makes sense since this village was close to the jungle.

One of my eyebrows suddenly rose up twitching when I sensed something was above me.

As my reflexes, I swiftly jump backwards. That's when a small pocket of something fell.

“What’s this?!”

—!!

A smoke suddenly covered my surroundings. It was like the smoke from the Nebulae Parade but instead, was black.

“—PEACE ALLEVIATION!”

The black fog disappeared and my vision came back inside the village.

‘? What? Nothing changes?’ 

I was confused. When I turned to my back, towards the hut, the village people were still there. Unharmed and safe.

“What was that? Just some smoke bomb prank?” I asked myself then looked above.

Pitch black, nothing was there.

I also looked at my status but no negative buff can be found. It seems it was just a smoke, nothing else.

“I call thee!” I called one of my puppets. “Sebris! Come out!”

From the magic circle made of flaming fire, a body of a young girl emerged.

What can I do to you, master?” Sebris modestly bows her head.

“Sebris, your job is to protect that small hut over there—!” I ordered, pointing my finger to the hut.

“Your command is what I do.” She replied then hurriedly went inside the hut.

I'm in trouble. Now, I really feel that something bad will happen sooner! Marry should have stayed with me!

I had my limit. Since I summoned Sebris, which was a human half puppet, I can't summon or call another puppet anymore.

I can only rely on my skill for now other than the puppets.

Then, I couldn't describe what I felt. I had goosebumps all over my body and I could feel myself shivering in fear.

A slithering noise. It's not the sound of the trees rustling, but the sound of a snake crawling.