Chapter 39: The Saintess' Pursuit on Killing me.

She was saying something, but the function of my ears had already disappeared.

She was approaching me closely from the sky.

But, of course I know... She's my enemy.... Or not?

「 "Life in a puppet" ended. Returning to original body 」

【 Successful. 】

◇◆◇

My vision switched to a different place. But I'm still in the area of the forest. Like the same way happened to me when the skill activated, I was again, on top of the tree. It seems random. I don't know why a tree when on the ground would be better. Now I'm starting to worry If I suddenly spawned midair.

My body had turned back to it's original form. My body feels very refreshed, but I still have lost half of my mana.

The exhaustion I felt disappeared but the pain I was supposed to feel when I was in my puppet body has all come back to me.

The pain of losing an arm, a radiation, a blast, it was painful.

"P-Peace Alleviation!"

The pain got nullified but some pain still was coming to me.

Ding!

A sound I wasn't expecting also came to me, followed by a floating screen.

【 New Ability Acquired 】

「 Residue of Special Ultimate Skill: Flash of Lightning, (Eclaire) found 」

【 Successful 】

【 New Skill Obtained 】

「 Special Ultimate Skill: Lord of Lightning, (Ramiel) has successfully acquired from 'Eclaire' 」

So, I really did kill the witch? But I didn't receive her soul. Is that possible?

Then, the screen glitched and I couldn't read the rest of the words.

[Error]

[Cause: Unknown]

An error? Is it bugging?

Another screen then showed up next.

「 Special Ultimate Skill: Lord of Lightning, (Ramiel) cannot be obtained 」

【 Reason: Conditions not met 】

What? The name Ramiel sounds nice, why can't I take it?

[Error]

< Special Ultimate Skill: Ramiel will be dismantled. >

Dismantled? Wait, no-!!

‹ Successful ›

What the heck.

Ti-Ding!

«New Skill Obtained»

Another again? What if it's an error?

「 Ultimate Skill: Lord of hope, (Uriel) Successfully acquired 」

No, it's not an error. I felt something tingling inside me.

Hope? How ironic. I always feel hopeless whenever I feel about a strong opponent. But I did feel hopeful a few minutes ago. Having the thought 'I can do it, I'm strong!'

In the middle of my time relaxing, a beam of something familiar was headed at my back, and I dodge it precisely causing another explosion at the place it landed.

"Muriel- Shot of Cancer."

That beam came from the person who did the same thing to me when I was in my puppet body.

With a stoic and serene face, a white fabric that covers her whole body, her hand was towards my place, half alleviated.

"W-why do you want to kill me?"

"....As the rules state."

She was, a no ordinary. Twenty times the power of the witch, her aura was overwhelming white and was ten times more pressuring. If I don't have the lord of hope right now, I will literally collapse.

But, my 'Puppeteer's Eyes' did work on her a little.

【 Individual Possessed The Level Of A Saint. 】

«Individual Magic Power estimated 1M»

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe what I just saw.

S-she is.... a saint?

And her magic power is no joke.

Ermm... A saint? What's that?

"W-why is a saint trying to kill a human? Isn't that against the rules of being holy?"

Inside her white veil, and within her stoic face, her brows start to furrow.

"I apologized. You have a human soul inside you. And you also have the skill of a deadly sin."

"W-what are you talking about..!?"

Is she talking about my 'Lucifer'?

"The power still hasn't manifested. I should slay you before it's too late."

"I- I swear! I'm just a human kid!"

She didn't listen to me and continued to open her palm at me.

"MURIEL: arc of covenant."

Due to her soft voice, I could not know what she unleashed. No one could say whether she was using a skill, chanting, or just talking.

But, the sky crumbled. The night disappeared and the whole world suddenly turned into daytime. It was totally different from the witch's lightning.

The saint in front of me literally made the night into a day.

From the heaven, a rectangular box slowly fell. It fell slowly into the saint's hand.

'it's a summon skill!'

She opened the box, and a big golden scissors came out of the box.

When I saw it, my eyes gave me an unbelievable result.

「 Name: Heaven's Caesus
Grade Class: Mythical
Ark of covenant: Caedo

It was amazing. I don't even know how to pronounce it, but that could wait.

The saint wielded the weapon, and then, the white veil and fabric that covered her vanishes in the wind.

She was left with a white satin dress and her whole head was then revealed.

Her hair was blonde, it was more yellow than mine. Long, her hair ended up till her feet.

At the back of her, unlike when I activated my Chamuel, two white wings were in there as if it was waiting for a long time to spread.

Looking at her, I don't know but I didn't lose my hope although I probably know I'll end up dead.

I'm a strong hope that I'll survive. It was because of my Ultimate Skill: Lord of Hope, (Uriel). Oh, it rhymes up with her Muriel too, perhaps I still have a chance...!