Chapter 21 : Wind Release (2)

It took just 10 days for Fujin to learn the 5 rank E wind release jutsu. With one more month of vacation still remaining, he started training for the rank D jutsu.

He revamped his plans thinking, 'My initial plans were to learn in order of their importance, but since I'm able to learn at such a quick pace, let's just learn in the order of ease of learning them. So let's do Breakthrough jutsu first. And follow it up with Dust Cloud jutsu and Gale Surge.'

On getting all the required data from the library, he began the training for Breakthrough jutsu. The initial process was very similar to Gale Jutsu. Only, the amount of chakra he had to gather was larger. The winds generated needed to have much more power. Also the winds had to be made sharper to cause damage. On his initial few tries, the result was only as good as Gale jutsu, but he could clearly see where he should improve. In merely 15 minutes, he was able to expel a stronger gust of wind from his mouth. He noted, 'It ain't very powerful yet, but it's damage should be damn good if paired with a fire jutsu. Anyways, this jutsu will require a lot of work. The process of gathering chakra as well as the process of converting chakra into wind should be faster. The chakra gathered should be larger as well to increase the damage done.'

He practiced it for 7 days, until he got the hang of the jutsu. He also tested it on a poor tree, which resulted in it losing the majority of its leaves and many branches. His thoughts were, 'That's good. Though it probably won't kill anyone, it can easily injure most Genins.'

The next day he grabbed the scroll for Dust Cloud Jutsu and memorized it. This jutsu was incredibly easy. It's process was similar to Breakthrough jutsu, just that it had to be focused on the ground to lift the dust above. It also had some aspects of Wind Levitation jutsu to ensure that the dust cloud existed for a longer time. He was able to raise a dust cloud on his very first try, however it lasted a very short time. Properly incorporating the Wind Levitation aspect took a few hours. But by the end of the day, the progress was sufficient.

The next day, he began training for Gale Surge jutsu. It was almost the opposite of Wind Retrieving Jutsu. Here, he had to distill the air around him with his chakra, and then suddenly release it up to 3 metres in a direction. In a way it resembled the Almighty push of Nagato. Of course the power was extremely lagging.

This jutsu didn't really provide a very good defense. However Fujin's reason for learning this jutsu was due to a couple of ideas he had with it. The first being, to increase the range and power of this jutsu and the second was to be able to release wind in every direction around him. That way this jutsu could become incredibly disruptive. If the range and power is increased, then it'll be perfect to create a nuisance on a battlefield whereas an omni-directional release would be helpful in case he's ever surrounded by enemies.

It again took him only a day to learn this jutsu and practice it to an acceptable level.

On the next day he started learning the Wind Explosion jutsu. He treated this jutsu as a practice for his Rasengan later on. Here he had to gather the wind and shape it in a spherical form and infuse a little chakra in it. That was the difference between it and Rasengan. Rasengan was purely made of chakra, whereas this jutsu was majorly made of wind and only had a small percent of chakra in it. Since the amount of chakra was low, these spheres could be launched at the enemy. Since he was already practicing for Rasengan, this jutsu became much easier to learn. Within a couple of hours, he was able to get the jutsu right for the first time.

After trying it for a few times on nearby trees, he concluded, 'Though the chakra infused in the winds explodes, it is not what causes the damage. The damage is caused by the winds, which become lethal after the explosion. They can cause a large amount of cuts and some of them can be very deep. I tried to infuse more chakra to increase the power of the explosion, however it didn't work as the wind sphere couldn't move as fast or as long distance. Even if I increase the amount of winds to maintain the ratio of chakra to wind, the sphere still becomes very bulky and no longer has the same speed.'