Chapter 192 : A Date?

Having completed the 3 missions, the group returned to Konoha on the evening of the following day.

Mieko asked, "Will we be going on a mission tomorrow?"

Teru said, "I think it'll be better if we take a day's break. Otherwise, the constant travel might wear us down."

Fujin agreed, "Yeah. Let's have a day's break between missions. We can have a longer break if the mission is tiring or if someone gets injured."

Hoka agreed with Fujin.

Mieko said, "Alright. Let's meet at noon..."

As she spoke, her eyes landed on Fujin. She corrected herself, "No! Let's meet 30 minutes before noon on the day after tomorrow outside the Mission center."

Fujin's left eye twitched on seeing how she changed the time after looking at him. He thought, 'Well, it doesn't really make a difference to me. It'll be the same if you show up 15-20 minutes before the decided time.'

The group left. Fujin was flickering to his home when he noticed, 'Hmm? Someone's following me.'

He immediately began sensing and saw who was following, 'Why is she chasing after me?'

He stopped moving. A few seconds later Mieko appeared.

Fujin asked, "What's up?"

Mieko asked while breathing slightly heavily, "Do you have to run at this speed to your home?"

Fujin replied, "Not really. Just saves some time. Anyways, why did you follow me?"

Mieko began a bit fidgety. She said, "Well, I never thanked you properly for saving my life. I thought about how I should thank you properly but couldn't think of anything. So I..."

Fujin interrupted her saying, "I already said that you don't need to thank me. We are teammates. I got your back and you got mine."

Mieko was about to nod in agreement but suddenly stopped as she realized, 'Wait, did I ever have to save him? No, I have never seen his life ever be at stake!'

She said, "That's all good, but I still want to thank you. I asked my mother how I should thank you and she suggested that I treat you to dinner."

Fujin was surprised. He asked, "What did she say?"

Mieko replied, "That I treat you for dinner."

Fujin's left eye twitched once again. He thought, 'Is her mother trying to set us up? Did she find out about dango and wanted to get revenge on me or something?'

Seeing that Fujin wasn't speaking, Mieko got upset and asked, "What's the issue? I'm treating you to a free dinner. Just come."

Fujin was about to say no, but hearing what Mieko said, he thought, 'Well, if she puts it that way, then how do I logically say no?'

Fujin said, "I am not a fan of eating dango for dinner."

Mieko complained, "Hey, who said I eat dango for dinner? I wanted to go to that Sushi restaurant."

Fujin sighed in his mind, 'Leave it, I'll agree. It will be annoying if she tries to find more ways to thank me if I keep refusing.'

He said, "Alright. Let's go."

Mieko cheered upon hearing him agree. She said, "Great, follow me."

She walked in front of Fujin. Though Fujin couldn't see, a blush appeared on her face.

Fujin followed thinking, 'Never thought I'd go on a date at 11 in this world. Though to be honest, I never thought I'd go on any date at all. Oh well, since I am on one, I might as well enjoy it.'