Chapter 168 : A new team

After removing all traces of the poison, the bugs left the dead body and returned to Katsumi. Ryota had finished applying the first aid and he sealed Korenaga's body in a scroll.

Ryota said, "He is sure to have a good bounty."

Fujin picked up the chakra sword and said, "I don't think it would compare with this sword though."

He began flowing his chakra through the sword and changed its nature to wind. He was surprised, 'Wow! So smooth! I thought my swords were good. This one is probably better than the one Hiruzen asked to be made for me!'

Noticing that Fujin's attention was on the sword, Tamotsu coughed and said, "That's our mission requirement Fujin."

Fujin looked back and chuckled, "I know, just saying. Haha"

He thought, 'Oh well, if I need such a sword in the future and I can't get it any other way, I can just steal this sword from that old guy. It's not like he would ever use it anyways.'

Since Katsumi and Tamotsu were injured, they decided not to hunt that last rogue ninja. The group began returning. Katsumi couldn't walk properly, so he rode on Kenta.

They return the chakra sword to Konda Kunio. Understanding the difficulty of the mission, Kunio increased the mission ranking from B to A and increased the mission rewards to 2 million Ryo. He handed them the book that had theories and research on learning the Ice Kekkei Genkai and made the arrangements to help them claim the bounties.

He also invited their medical ninjas to treat Katsumi and Tamotsu. Tamotsu's wound healed properly. They bandaged his arm. It would leave 2 scars on his arm, but he didn't mind it.

Katsumi's injuries, however, were serious. He was wounded down to the bone. They healed him as well as they could. The healer said, "That's as much as we could do. Your village has the best healers. So I would recommend you to get treated by them as well. Also, I would recommend you take a few months break."

Katsumi nodded and thanked them. They rested in the Land of Frost for some time. In this period, they went through the Ice Release book.

Fujin was the first one to read. He analyzed, 'Hmm, this book is good. It contains research of over a dozen ninjas. And still, none of them managed to create the Ice element. Kinda shows how tough creating a Kekkei Genkai will be. Though I don't have the Water affinity needed for the Ice element, this book could give some insights if I try to create Scorch or Magnet elements.'

The others read the book as well. Only Ryota and Tamotsu were interested in a Kekkei Genkai and neither had the Wind or the Water element. So after reading carefully, the book was given to Fujin for keeping.

After resting for a couple of days, they began moving back to Konoha. Their speed was a bit slower as they had to ensure that Katsumi didn't strain his leg. He rode on Kenta the entire journey.

He was admitted to Konoha's hospital after returning. The group decided to meet after 2 days in the hospital.

Fujin continued his training to improve his control over the Lightning element.

He brought some fruits and visited the hospital at the decided time. Others had already gathered.

Fujin placed the fruits on the table next to Katsumi and asked, "How is your leg?"

He said, "It has been treated properly. Unfortunately, I have to rest for a couple of months for the damage to the bones to be healed and for the bone to become strong once again."

Fujin replied, "Oh, that's bad. I'm glad that there are no permanent injuries though. Take a good break."

Katsumi nodded.