Chapter 28 : Genjutsu

The year continued in such a manner. Michi did drill a lot of basics in Fujin, which Fujin absorbed like a sponge. As for the 5 basic elemental jutsus, Fujin didn't bother to learn them for now.

From the 2nd week, Fujin started to leave 2 clones back home to learn Fuinjutsu, this doubled his speed of learning Fuinjutsu. However, in order to not mess up his brain, both clones practiced the same symbol or seal.

1 and half month after the 4th year began, Fujin was done with the basic Fuinjutsu. In this period, he also noted, 'Since both my clones practice the same seal, it doesn't double my speed of learning. After dispelling both of them, I get the perspectives of the clones. Hence the base formed is much stronger, but it comes at the cost of the learning speed. In all I think that my learning speed has increased by around 60%.'

He analyzed for a bit more and concluded, 'The optimal use of shadow clones will be when each of my clones learn different things. However, the one attempt I did caused me an insane headache. So while this ain't the best use I can make of shadow clones, I guess this is the most optimal path for me. I suppose having a sturdier base would be more important than learning speed.'

After learning the basic seals, he decided to learn more advanced seals from the next version which was in section D of the library.

This book had seals to store an element in it. For instance, seals that could seal fire in them. It made him wonder if the seal Jiraiya used to store Amaterasu was such a simple seal.

The element stored could be created with the help of Ninjutsu. However this wasn't a necessity. Elements could be taken from surroundings as well. Like for water, he could store water from a river in the seal. On reading the seals in the book, he realized, 'It looks like the seals Shikamaru used against Kakuzu are in this scroll. However, I guess what he used wasn't normal water, but instead water that conducted electricity much easier. I guess they put a lot of salts in the water, or maybe something else to increase its conductivity. Anyways, even these don't have much use in combat. It'll require very high creativity to use them effectively.'

He started learning those seals.

3 months after the 4th year began, Fujin managed to perform Great Breakthrough jutsu without any hand signs. In the next month, he managed to do the same for Rock Shield jutsu. However he still had to slam his hands on the ground to perform it.

He decided, 'I should learn to perform Rock Shield jutsu by stamping one feet on the ground instead. So I'll have to learn how to send earth nature chakra underground through my feet instead.'

He thought a bit more and concluded, 'It's difficult. The hand signs for Rock Shield jutsu gathers earth nature chakra into the hands and then it's released into the ground. In order to do it by stamping the foot, I'll have to manipulate the chakra to be released from my feet instead. But if I could learn it, it'll be an incredibly annoying defense. I could make a shield with every step while I run backwards. I guess it's worth it, so I'll train later while also trying to create wind bursts through my feet.'

After another month, Fujin decided to start training to use 2 swords at the same time. He bugged Michi to train him with the basics for the same. He then made a point to ensure that a lot of people see him training with 2 swords. His previous sword had deteriorated a lot in these 5 months, so he bought 2 new ones.

He trained for another month, but didn't have any success at reducing the hand signs for Earth Military Movement jutsu to zero. With only 4 months remaining for final exams, he decided to stop training the 2 Earth release jutsus and start learning Genjutsu.

He visited the library and began searching for scrolls on Genjutsu. He found a few scrolls in section 0. Some were just on basic knowledge of Genjutsu which were covered in the lectures, a few on countering Genjutsu and one on learning it. He began reading the one that explained how to learn it. However, the very first sentence startled him. His first thought was 'How straightforward!'