stay here

** Tuesday august 9th - 5 and a half week pregnant **

- joes Pov -

I went back to my hotel, checked out and brought my suitcase to Taylors place. Of course I have informed my manager about the situation, and he got me a new ticket home in a week. It feels wrong to leave Taylor here, but she is going to Nashville to see her mom and stuff, so it's a good time for me to go home. I don't want to tell my mom and dad about what's going on over the phone. It feels wrong to do that.

"Let me show you around" Taylor says after showing me to the bedroom that will be mine for the next week. Its next to what I think is the master bedroom, her bedroom. That's where she took me that night, the night we made this baby.

She shows me the kitchen, which is fully stocked with everything anyone could want, her music room, I've already seen the living room but there are two of them. This apartment even has an indoor private pool, it's not big but it's perfect at the same time. There is also a movie theatre and a rooftop patio. How this can even be called just an apartment I don't know, but I guess it's a townhouse or something? I don't actually know. She does call it an apartment though.

"It's really big" I say as we round back and end in the living room where her two cats are chilling. I'm more of a dog person, but they are cute, and Olivia loves to cuddle. Meredith doesn't seem to enjoy human contact much, but she is cute from afar. Both of them seem really relaxed though.

"Make yourself feel at home. You can do whatever you want, watch tv, watch movies, eat whatever you want. Nothing is off limits really. I guess we will be spending a lot of time here together, so might as well get comfortable" she says, and I nod and thank her. "Thank you for letting me crash here, and I will try to make myself comfortable"

I'm going to try, but I just don't want to impose on her life. I've already been a part of upending her life with this pregnancy, so I don't want to be in her way any more than that. But at least I don't need to pay for hotels while I'm here with her, that's a plus because I imagine I will be spending a lot of time in New York.

"It's still early obviously, but have you thought about where you want to live when the baby comes?" I ask her. That's a complication we will need to deal with since we live so far apart. "Honestly I haven't really. I live all over the place already. But when he or she comes I need to find a more constant plan on that front. I don't want them to live out of a suitcase, so I need to figure something out. Of course there will be a lot of travel, that's just how my life is, and I assume yours too. But I want them to have some stability if I can give them that"

I agree, the kid needs stability. But it will just make it a headache for the two of us, but we just need to deal with that. When there is a kid in the mix that kid needs to be the priority. A lot of people manage to co-parent, so I'm sure we can do it too.

She is just as beautiful as she was that night in the dive bar, but now she also seems like she is glowing. I can't exactly explain it, but it feels like there is something radiating from her that I can't quite put my finger on.

I wish things were different, that the kid was created by choice and while we were in a relationship, but that reality isn't ours. I'm insanely attracted to her, and I keep looking at her lips, but I can't cross that line. I'm scared it's going to mess everything up and create a nightmare for both of us, so I need to stay in control.

Taylor ends up cooking us dinner. I offered but she just gave me a look and told me to sit down. Apparently, she loves to cook I guess, but I'm not going to complain about that. I'm not an idiot in the kitchen, but nowhere close to a master chef either. I guess I will see where she falls on the specter soon.