the night that changed everything

** Thursday September 28th, 2017 - 25 weeks and four days old (6 months old)**

- Taylors Pov -

You never know when the moment comes along that will change the course of your life. One moment, that's all it takes for everything to be flipped upside down. It can be the best thing to ever happen to you or a disaster in the making, as well as a hundred shades between. It can come out of the blue and hit you smack in the face quicker than you can react or realize what's going on. I guess it's part of the thrill of life to not know what's going to happen around the next corner. Sure you can try to plan your life down to the smallest details, but no matter how much you plan you can't control everything. I like to believe in fate, both the good and bad kind. Everything that happens to us push is in the direction we were always meant to go. Oftentimes it leaves us smack in front of a choice, a choice where we can pick the direction we are going on the basis of what happened.

For me, the biggest moment of fate was that night at the dive bar over a year ago. when I was sulking and decided to meet up with someone I barely knew. I didn't know going into that bar that we would be leaving together, let alone that I would be taking him back to my apartment. But somewhere in there I made a choice, and it changed the rest of my life.

** Flashback July 1st - 2016 **

One would think that once you get at the top it's easier to stay there, but that would be wrong. When you hit the top, hell even as you're climbing closer, people will find every chance possible to tear down the house you've built. There is nothing people love more than a good old-fashioned takedown. Seeing people fail and canceling them seems like a new pass time.

Around me things are getting darker every day. People that used to be fans are turning on me, friends are distancing themself and I'm scared for where this road is headed. With the speed things are going downwards I don't know if I could ever climb back up again. How can I do that when people essentially want me dead, want me to never make music again.

My phone goes off again, it's been giving me alerts for the last 30 minutes but I've been trying like hell to ignore it. I know who it is anyway, it's my ex that can't take a hint.

Adam: baby pick up the phone.

Adam: don't be like this.

Adam: we were so good together.

Adam: stop ignoring me.

Adam: babe it's been over a month. Stop this, we are better together than apart.

Adam: I need you.

Adam: I love you.

Adam: you will never be happy without me.

Adam: your reputation is dying, I can help. Being together means being a power couple again. I'm your only chance.

Adam: pick up the damn phone Taylor.

Adam: I really love you.

The texts keep on going and I get cross eyed just looking at them. It's been like this for over a month. We actually broke up about a week before the news hit the headlines. Adam didn't accept that things were over, and it was a mess to even get him to agree to anything. I had to change the locks at all my properties just in case he decided to show up or use his keys. A clean break was what was best for both of us.

I had known for a while that things wouldn't last between us; it had become crystal clear when he brought up things like marriage and kids. When I tried to picture myself spending the rest of my life with him, I had to really think about it, and realized it wasn't what I wanted for my life.