getaway car

** Wednesday February 15th, 2017 - 32 weeks and five days pregnant **

- Taylors Pov -

I'm a wobbling mess these days, but I need to get work done. Soon the baby will be here and then I will be busy with taking care of her and learning how to be a parent. But I'm still releasing an album this fall so I need to get as much done before she gets here to make it easier on myself.

The car pulls up outside jack's studio and I head inside to meet him. I have this idea for a song, and now we just need to put the puzzle pieces together and make it a cohesive song. sometimes when we do this, I realize that the song isn't good enough to be released, but I have a good feeling about this song.

"Hi Taylor, wow you're really pregnant these days" he teases me and give me a hug "hi. are you sure I didn't just put a watermelon under my shirt to fool you?" I grin at him. Maybe some people actually do that? Strap the biggest watermelon they come across and put a shirt over it to fool people? I need to look that up because it would be funny to see pictures.

We chat for a few minutes before we get to work. "I have this concept for a song, and I even have the name. I want it to be called getaway car. It has this Bonnie and Clyde vibe to it. That two people run from the ex of the girl and go on this adventure together. But you know that nothing good, nothing permanent start that way. We are throwing it back to my four-week fling with tom. I think it could be an interesting story to tell"

I only briefly dated tom from right after things ended with Adam in early May. tom and I never slept together, but we were having fun and there were lots of kissing involved. But nothing that starts out from running from someone else will work out. I know tom wanted more, he wanted us to be together for real, but it was doomed from the start. I do feel bad for how things went with us because he is genuinely an amazing guy, but he had feelings for me that I couldn't return. He was amazing, but not amazing for me.

"Sounds awesome. How about you give me what you've got so far" jack says and I head over to the piano to play him the things I've got so far. "I don't want it to sound like there are real instruments just like the other songs on the album. So ignore how it sounds on the piano, but it gives you a general idea"

"I have parts of the chorus and it sounds something like this" I worked on it a few days ago and I like how catchy it sounds. I can imagine the fans screaming it in the audience back to me and all of us having a damn good time. My fans are the best, and they know how to make the concert into a big party.

"You were drivin' the getaway car

We were flyin', but we'd never get far

Don't pretend it's such a mystery

Think about the place where you first met me

Ridin' in a getaway car

There were sirens in the beat of your heart

Should've known I'd be the first to leave

Think about the place where you first met me"

"I like it, it needs a little more at the end. I think some of the words should be isolated more to pack a punch, but it's a good place to start" he says, and we play it over and over again before adding a last part of the chorus to fill it out. It gives some cool vibes which I like.

"In a getaway car, oh-oh-oh

No, they never get far, oh-oh-ah

No, nothin' good starts in a getaway car"

When I write a song, I can picture what the visuals would look like if it was a music video and how it would play out on stage. My mind puts all the pieces that make up a concept to the lyrics while its being created so I feel connected to it in a different way.