moving into the new house

** Wednesday February 1st, 2017 - almost 31 weeks pregnant **

- Taylors Pov -

"My baby's fit like a daydream" I mumble as I tuck away clothes in our new closet. Today we are officially moving into the new house and I'm so excited for it. I haven't been allowed to help move boxes, but I'm unpacking our clothes in the new walk-in closet. Blake, Ryan, my parents, joes' parents, and our siblings are here too helping us move into the new space.

Our parents meeting for the first time yesterday went better than anyone could have thought. Both families are so open to meet new people that there was no need to worry. The night before everyone arrived, I was a wreck while Joe tried to calm me down. Turns out that I didn't really need to worry at all. Both our families seem to be excited about the baby and getting to know one another. It's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders because if they didn't get along, we would have a complicated situation going forward. Since Joe and I are both together and going to be parents they would have to interact sometimes, so if they didn't get along it would be a headache to organize for both me and Joe. but now we can relax on that front.

I grunt when there is a kick to my ribs "hey there princess. No kicking mommy in the ribs when she is trying to do stuff. Actually, mommy would love it if you just didn't kick her in the ribs at all. I love you but we need to get the house ready for you to come be with us" I caress my belly and wait for her to settle down. Well, she doesn't actually settle, I can feel her moving, but at least she isn't kicking me in the ribs. By now my belly is so big that it gets in the way of everything, not to mention that my back aches so bad from carrying the weight in front of me all day long.

"Honey, go lay down for a bit. You look exhausted" my mom says as she comes into the closet with another box of clothes in her arms. "I'm fine mom, she is just being active"

"I can see you're in pain. We can handle this; you need to take care of yourself now. Go lay down. I already put on freshly washed sheets on the bed so it's ready to go for you to relax" my mom argues and I'm actually too exhausted to argue with her, so I go do just that.

I promise myself that I'm just going to close my eyes for a few minutes, but I end up drifting off to sleep.

- joes Pov -

This is a big house, a really big house. I never really imagined I would end up living someplace like this, but now it's my reality. Taylor has done everything in her power to make me feel welcome and like it's my house too, and I'm starting to feel that way even though it's a big adjustment. we have visited the house a few times the last month as we got updates on the progress of the things that needed to get done. The first few times I was terrified that I would break something or just feel out of place. But the more of our stuff we unpack the better its feeling. A lot of the stuff for the kitchen and such are new stuff since she isn't actually moving out of her other properties, but some are old stuff too.

Since this will be our primary residence, she got all her Grammys to be in the music room as well as some of her other stuff in her career she is most proud of. The rest of scattered around her other houses and in the storage rooms at 13 management in Nashville. There are just way too many awards to fit into her houses.

All the furniture is already placed in the house where we planned, so only mild adjustments need to be made with that stuff. We ordered furniture we liked, and the interior designer recommended stuff and placements too. I'm not good at stuff like that, but I gave a few thoughts while Taylor was working on it with her. It was fun to be involved to a degree at least, even if I didn't really know what I was looking at. I'm not used to put something together in this way, its way bigger than the stuff I did for my own apartment I rent. And even with that I bought most of the stuff used and it mitch-matched because price was more important than style.