get her out of my vagina!

** Sunday April 2nd, 2017 - baby 0 days old/ 39 weeks pregnant  **

- Taylors Pov -

In hindsight I should probably have told Joe when the Braxton hicks got closer together. Obviously, they weren't actually Braxton hicks since my water broke and by the time we are pulling up to the hospital the contractions are about 5 minutes apart.

Joe takes the bag In one hand and we walk between security into the building with my hand safely tucked into joe's hand. "This really hurts Joe. My belly feels like it's going to explode" I groan as another contraction hits. "I wish I could take the pain away, but soon we will be holding our little girl, try to focus on that"

Checking in took forever but eventually we get to the private suite I reserved. We talked at length with the hospital months ago to prepare for this. There are security measures that needs to be taken, my own security is outside my room to keep an eye on things too. It feels a little excessive, but at the same time this is about our baby girl's safety. It's not just about me anymore, it's about a child that needs all the protection I can offer her.

A nurse comes into the room "good morning miss swift. I will be your nurse, my name is heather turner, and you can call me heather" she says.

"Hi heather and call me Taylor" she is about to stick her fingers up my vagina, so first name basis is more comfortable.

"Okay Taylor. I need to check your blood pressure, use a doppler to detect a heartbeat and hock you up to our monitors. according to the birth plan you requested an epidural. So just let me know when you're ready for it, but I want to put in an IV while I'm here so it's ready to go. And I also would like to check on your dilation" she says and pull out a blood pressure cuff after I give my consent to do the stuff. Joe leaves the room to call our parents while the nurse gets this stuff done. We didn't call them on the way here, but I asked him to call them and let them know now.

"I want the epidural right away, no need to suffer through this pain more than I have to. God, I sound so weak, for god's sake people have done this without any pain medications for thousands of years. But I just don't want to deal with it" I try to distract myself while she does her stuff.

"You're not weak for requesting pain medication. You're right, people have done it without any medications for thousands of years, but now we have the medical advancements to choose pain medication. It's nothing to be ashamed of because you made the choice that's right for you. The most important thing right now is to get you and your little girl safely through this delivery, and whatever help you need to get there isn't something to be ashamed off" she is gentle but stern as she talks to me, and I try to really take in what she is saying. I just feel like I should be stronger and do it without medication, but I just don't want to do it. I'm already terrified so if I can get some pain management, I will take it.

"Your blood pressure is elevated, so we need to keep a close eye on that. It could be nothing, but better to be safe than sorry" she says after she is done with the blood pressure stuff and moves on to the other things. I made a decision to not read up on everything that could go wrong during birth, and I'm really happy right now for that. she is right, it might be nothing, and I need to try to stay calm.

"Your little girl has a strong heartbeat" she says after turning on the sound of the machine. Hearing her little heart beating will never get old. At one of the prenatal appointments I took a voice recording of her heartbeat to keep it as a memory.

She finishes up the testing and leave right after Joe comes back into the room. "Your parents are flying in tonight or tomorrow depending on when the jet is really. Mine couldn't make it right now, but they will come as soon as they can, but would love to meet her over FaceTime as soon as we are ready for it" he says and kiss my forehead.