meeting taylors mom

** Saturday November 12th, 2016 - 19 weeks pregnant **

- Taylors Pov -

I love driving myself, so I drive from the airport to my mom's house in Nashville with Joe in the passenger seat. We are staying here for a few days to meet my mom and so I can have a meeting with my management team, and a meeting with my label, to plan the road ahead. I've been holding off on this meeting, so I just need to deal with it now and not later into my pregnancy.

"Do you think she will like me? I mean I'm the man that got her daughter pregnant. That doesn't exactly scream parental approval" Joe groans and run his hand through his hair. We have had this conversation a million times the last few days, but my answer is the same. "It takes two people to make a baby, and my mom doesn't hold a grudge against you for being that other person. She just wants me to be happy, and since you fit into that she will be happy to meet you. Try not to worry, it will work out"

My mom isn't one to hold grudges or be a hateful person. She likes to be approachable and see the goodness in people, that's one of the things I like the most about her. ever since I was little, she is someone I can come to with anything and she never judges me for what I have to say. Whenever I need advice, she is the first person I call because I know she is the person in my life that I'm closest too.

We arrive at her house and head inside to meet her "Mom, we are here!" I yell and hear kitty running towards us. "Watch out for my mom's human sized dog" I giggle as she comes into view. "Hi kitty, it's so good to see you" I coo the dog and rub her behind her ear. When my mom got cancer she decided to get this really big dog, and it makes me happy that she isn't alone here in this big house.

My mom comes into view shortly after and I go in for a big hug with her "mom, it's so good to see you" I Say and kiss her cheek. She has always been my best friend, so not seeing her as often anymore is hard. "It's good to see you too sweetie"

I turn towards Joe and take his hand "mom this is my boyfriend, Joe. Joe this is my mom Andrea" I introduce them.

"Hello mrs swift, it's nice to meet you. Taylor had told me so much about you" he says and reach out her hand to greet her. But she goes in for a hug instead "it's good to meet you too Joe and call me Andrea" my mom isn't big on formalities like that, especially with people close to us.

After some small talk about our flight we head into the kitchen where my mom has already made lunch for us. homemade Soup and freshly baked bread because she asked what I wanted, and it was the first thing that popped into my mind. My cravings swing all the time these days, except watermelon. I eat so much watermelon it's not even funny at this point.

"So you're staying here, right?" My mom asks and I nod. She asked us if we wanted to stay here instead of in my apartment, and I think it will be nice for us to spend some time with my mom. I don't get to see her nearly enough, and I want Joe to have a good relationship with her too. "Yes, I want to spend time with you when I'm here"

My mom goes on and ask Joe about his family, what he likes to do when he isn't working and how he is liking his work so far. "How did your parents react to the news?" She asks.

"They were shocked for sure, but they know I'm an adult and they just made me promise that I won't run from my responsibility. And I won't. I didn't expect Taylor and I to get so close on top of it, it's an added blessing for sure" he says, and I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. I'm nervous and excited to meet his parents too, because they will be in my life for at least the next 18 years because of our little girl. But hopefully Joe and I will last as well. He is a genuinely good guy with a good heart and priorities I respect. It's hard to come across guys like him, and now that I've got him, I don't want to ever let go.