the necklace

** Tuesday December 13th, 2016 - 23 weeks and four days pregnant **

- Taylors Pov -

"Hey nugget, stop kicking me in the ribs please" I groan. Little missy is getting strong in there, so strong that we can feel her when she kicks if you hold on to my belly. but the little girl likes to do gymnastics when I'm supposed to sleep, so that means I'm more exhausted than usual. Not exactly how I want to wake up on my birthday.

I can't believe I'm already 23 weeks pregnant, it seems like Tim has passed by so quickly but at the same time like I've been pregnant for years already. I wonder if other pregnant people feel this way, or if I'm just weird. I can't be the only person sick and tired of pregnancy when you're a little over halfway. Now my center of gravity has shifted too so that makes everything a little weird while I adjust. But that's only going to get worse too.

I can't go back to sleep, so I slip out of bed and grab some yoga pants, socks as well as a sweater before heading downstairs. No need to bother Joe at 6am when he could sleep for a few more hours. we don't both need to suffer from restless sleep, that will just make us two grumpy parents.

"Little nugget, mommy would appreciate it if you let me sleep during the night. You should be sleeping too, so how we make a deal that we both will sleep at the same time. That way you don't need to feel lonely when I'm trying to sleep, and you want attention" I coo and caress my bump.

She is an active baby already, so I wonder what she will be like when she comes into this world. having your baby sleep through the night is every parent's dream, but I know we are in for months of night feeding and stuff.

I sit on the couch with the cats and watch tv until the sun comes up and Joe comes downstairs. "Love I didn't find you in bed, I got worried" he says and come over to kiss me good morning. "Sorry, but she was playing gymnastics and kicking me in the ribs. I couldn't sleep"

Joe leans down and kiss my belly just like he does several times during the day. "Nugget, listen to mommy and let her sleep. She needs it" we don't actually know how much she hears and understands, but I like to think she knows what's going on to a degree.

"And happy birthday my love" Joe says and kiss me again. "Thanks"

He leaves the room again before coming back with a box with the familiar blue wrapping. "I got you something, it's not extravagant but it's something special anyway" he hands me the box and I open it carefully. Inside there is a Tiffany box that match the color from the wrapping, and I open it to see a necklace with a J on a circular pendant.

"This way you have a little piece of me whenever I'm away working. I.... It might be corny, and you might not like it... but I liked the idea of it" he says as he scratches the back of his neck. I've noticed that's a nervous tick of his, but he has nothing to worry about right now, I love the idea too.

Tears start to stream down my face, I can't control it. "I didn't mean to make you cry love" he wipes them away and I sniffle "sorry, hormones. But I love it, thank you" I ask him to put it on me and when it falls into place, I never want to take it off. It's just the right amount of cheesy but it also means so much that he wants me to have a piece of him when he is away.

The reality of our jobs is that there will be plenty of times we are apart for possibly long periods of time depending on the project we are doing. The length he is on a movie set depends on how big his role is, and I'm going to go on tour eventually. Right now we both have downtime, but only time will tell how our relationship is going to handle the distance. But I want to make it work because I'm really falling hard for Joe. It scares me that my feelings are so deep and I'm falling in love with him, but I'm trying to hold onto the good feeling it gives me.