6

—— SATURDAY EVENING

—— SATURDAY EVENING

Jaeyun & I go to the cafe it's a daily thing since it was very close to our house, about a 5 minute walk. When we enter the cafe I spot sunghoon but he wasn't alone. He was with 4 other peoples and I'm assuming they were his coaches because of one them sitting was his coach.

sunghoon's hands were in a fist and his jaw clenched in aggravation. "i quit."

"do you think your friend would be proud seeing you giving up on a passion like this? What would your friend say?!" the coach questions him sternly which results sunghoon's face turning crimson from exasperation.

his fists slam against the table causing their drinks to fall and other people to look over at them, they blankly stared at their shattered drinks. Sunghoon rises from his seat and his eyes sharply drill into his coaches. "don't fucking speak about my friend, don't speak about the dead. Don't bring him name to me ever." he fired back in immense rage.

sunghoon's eyes shift to us, he wasn't aware that we were here. He heads towards the exit but Jaeyun holds him back, "sunghoon are you actually quitting?!"

sunghoon slowly takes Jaeyun's arms off his, he viewed sunghoon's emotionless eyes. He steps out of the store and runs.

the coach approaches, "tell your friend not to make rash decisions, jisun's death has impacted him heavily. He needs to move on." he pats my brother's shoulder.

"jaeyun, who is he talking about? Who is jisun?" I shake my brother. "Do you remember when I had to attend a funeral? The days where I was crying for days when I told you my friend died? That was our best friend jisun, he ended his life due to depression and we were unaware of his mental health if only we knew truly how scarred his heart was, we could've saved him." little tears are on the brink of coming out of his eyes but he keeps them in and keeps himself strong.

I gulp, "I'm not in the mood for a drink, let's just go home jaeyun." i intertwine my arm with his and I get a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

was that why sunghoon looked so drained, was that why his eyes circles were so dark? because he couldn't sleep, because he was grieving the loss of his close friend. I felt nauseous, my head clamming in together.

my brother cried for days, he refused to eat, he was in so much pain but he was able to move on but sunghoon is still feeling that pain. Entangled with deep emotions unable to escape, unable to move on from his friend jisun.

then i pondered about the conversation I had with my brother.

—— FLASHBACK

"it's not his fault."

unbelievable.

"you're kidding."

"I'm not trust me, you don't want to get involved with sunghoon, suyeon don't try to help him, you're heart's good but if you try to console him... In the end you're heart's going to be the one to get shattered, he's going through a lot. You can't just call him an asshole like that, you wouldn't last a day in his shoes." he frowns, and humbling me in an instant.

jake liked the idea of his sister and sunghoon being together due to their awkward tension around each other but now that he sees sunghoon is still not mentally okay, he doesn't want to see his sister hurt neither does he want sunghoon in guilt for emotions he can't control due to his grieving.

"I didn't know it was like that, is he really unwell? Did you check up on him?" out of concern I question him.

"he won't open up."

——