14

——

——

JUNGWON

"let's go visit sunghoon and suyeon since they're stuck together in one house already." jungwon brought up to the others and they all nodded in agreement.

we all ambled across the street toward sunghoon's house while talking about if he likes her or not.

"we should ask."

"he'll never tell us, you know how self absorbed he is."  - heeseung

"then there's only one thing to do." niki states, and sunoo grins. "we trick him."

——

we arrived to sunghoon's place, I knocked on the door and I heard footsteps approaching. Sunghoon opened the door for us and had a bewildered look on his face. "what brings all of you here."

"it's been a boring day plus you and suyeon are all alone at home while your parents are out at the company for work right now so we thought we could keep you guys some company." sunoo beamed.

"alright, but Suyeon's not here. She's out at the cafe right now, do you want to play video games?" he raised a brow.

"no... first we need to ask you something and we DEMAND of an answer." Ni-ki brings up sternly which causes a bewildered look to be drawn to sunghoon's face..."what is it?"

"you... you like Suyeon don't you! you better not deny it because it's obvious, you put her head on your shoulder, when you're angry and you look at her you're eyes turn soft, and you're nervous around her. More nervous around her than anyone else, you don't even get mad at her the way you get mad at everyone else." jungwon folds his arms and the rest nod their head.

sunghoon was confused, he couldn't give them the answer because truthfully... he was unaware himself. He was unsure of his feelings or if he even had feelings for her, or if he's soft on her because she's his best friend's sister.

sunghoon's eyes trail to the ground, he gulfs and shakes his head. "I don't know."

now everyone else was confused, they all questioned him incredulously. "You don't know?"

he shakes his head once again to confirm, "I don't know my feelings for her, and even if I did like her...I don't want her to get hurt in any way, she doesn't deserve more pain into a heart that's already scarred enough." his eyes shallow and empty as he explains to them genuinely. 

the door shuts and suyeon greets sunghoon, "I'm back!! oh hi guys, I didn't know you were coming, want some food? I brought it from the cafe." she gives a warm smile.

the boys then realize they forgot to trick him with reverse psychology and there was nothing left for them to do because they already asked him the question.

"we're fine, we just came to visit. How's it like living with park sunghoon?" heeseung teases.

"surprisingly, not that bad. I expected the worse but he's not as bothersome." she snickers, peering her eyes over at Sunghoon. He rolls his eyes in response.

"I heard yelling from outside, what were you guys talking about?" she questions the boys curiously and their eyes widen, "oh nothing? Why were we really loud? We were just talking about the stupid stuff we did in class today and it got kind of chaotic." heeseung plays it off with a laugh.

Suyeon chuckle, "of course and class never ends without a detention or the teacher yelling at you guys during dismissal and keeping you hostage to have a talk." she crosses her arms and shakes her head in disappointment.

sunghoon quirks his lips up at how bubbly and energetic she got the moment she stepped inside the house.

——