8

——

——

"I didn't know she was going to burst into tears like that, I just wanted her to understand that you're going through a lot too and that it would be considerate to just think about you too." sunghoon explains out of guilt knowing that his best friend's little sister is out there while it's pouring, while it's chilly outside also it's night and she has no where to go.

jake shakes his head, "my sister is soft hearted, she's been like that ever since mom and dad moved for job purposes last year. It's just best to not to mention stuff like that with her, she already feels like a burden but she's not. She's never been a burden to me, she's my little sister how could I ever think of her as a burden?" he frowns.

"I need to look for her, she's probably soaking wet out there and she's going to catch a cold if she stays out there any longer." jake opens the door, running out.

sunghoon's cheeks are flushed out from fear and humiliation, he's afraid that something could happen to Suyeon... so just like jaeyun he ran out the house to search for her.

"SUYEON." sunghoon yelled her name, attempting to find her near the cafe because she's usually present there the most.

sunghoon runs into the cafe, "have you seen her around this area recently?"

"how recent?"

"10 minutes, she ran out of the house 15 minutes ago and she comes here the most. So she didn't come here at all?"

"I know her, she comes here everyday. She even came today, but she hasn't come back after she left at 8 pm."

SUNGHOON —-

my tongue clicks in exhaustion, i run out. The rain tricked down my body vigorously, soaking my clothes and my hair in an instant.

I ran in almost every direction possible and ran through many neighborhoods but there was no sign of her. If she's not found or if something happens to her, i'll never be able to show my face to anyone ever again.

"SUYEON." my voice cracking from shouting so much, and I hear sobbing from the distance... but I was near the river so i couldn't depict where the weeping came from.

my eyes trail down at the bridge and there she was, under the bridge. Her head leaning against the wall, her clothes and hair had water droplets dripping from it.

I run to the bridge, and there is she. Standing right in front of me. I was so relieved that I engulfed her in a hug, "suyeon." my hand placed on her head, caressing it and I didn't even know her that well but it came to me naturally to do that.

she pushes me off, attempting to run away but I grasp onto her arm and pull her back causing her back to slam against my chest. "suyeon, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, I'm an asshole and I had no place in getting in your family business."

her eyes were shallow with nothing in them, and she turns to face me. "no you're right, my brother goes through a lot because me and I should think about him too. I should be considerate about him too because he's looking after me but nobody is there to look after him. I understand why he would feel as if I'm a burden. I was only upset because you were 100% right."

"you're not a fucking burden I didn't mean to make you feel that way, just seeing how worried he was I couldn't help but say it. I had no idea what was going on in your house, I didn't have the right to be a jerk."

"just don't worry about it. It's fine. Let's put it aside, it's been a long day." she responds bitterly, with worn out eyes from the running & crying.

——