5

—— FRIDAY

—— FRIDAY

"you want to go to pick up sunghoon with me from the ice skating rink? I'll walk with you to the cafe afterwards."

"sure."

Jaeyun & I step out of our house and walk near the ice skating rink.

—- ICE SKATING RINK.

the ice skating place was so spacious this whole place could be the size of a concert hall, is sunghoon really that good of an ice skater?

"fuck! I forgot the keys at home, and it's probably opened too... our house. Wait here I'll be back soon." jake sprints out of the door.

i could see the sunghoon from the distance with his coach but I didn't approach him because I didn't want him to see me here alone without my brother. So I just watched from the corner, he circled around the whole rink and when his coach signaled him, he attempted to do a triple axel spin which he failed at and landed on the floor harshly.

so harsh the side of his cheek ripped a bit, resulting it to bleed. His coach was yelling at him, "you haven't been focused at all this week, where has your head been at sunghoon? You're our greatest asset, focus please." his coach's tone was grim and cold.

"just shut up, you're all such a nuisance." he snaps back, getting out of the rink and he sits down to put his shoes on. Once he tied his shoes up he rises up from the bench and make his way towards the exit but seizes when he catches me in the corner.

his eyes are shallow & only filled with pure hatred. His jaw clenched by even staring at me, "sunghoo-" I try to call him but the door slams in my face. I exhale heavily, "god... Jaeyun was not kidding."

it was getting dark and the rain was pouring heavily, I didn't see him with an umbrella either so I ran after him. "SUNGHOON." i shout, trying to catch up with him.

I take ahold of him arm, "you're going to catch a cold, and you're already soaking wet." I observe his dripping wet hair and he yanks my arm away. "why the fuck do you care, just fuck off bitch." he bursts out of frustration, his eyes seeps into mine like glass cutting through soft skin.

i'm cut off my tranquility, I froze. unaware of what to say due to shock. I placed my umbrella in his hand and his eyes were on me, I felt it. I felt his hollow gaze upon me but I didn't bother to make contact. He was clearly in a bad mood because of his coach, I didn't want to rub salt on his open wound.

[ he didn't mean to lash out at Suyeon like that and his heart dropped, his eyes grew soft watching her go into shock like that but she played it off. ]

i walk away without a word, leaving him dumbfounded. His empty yet snarky personality pissed me off, I headed straight to the cafe to drink the anger away.

"one iced coffee please." I order, inserting my card in the machine. "your order will be ready soon." the waiter responds with their lips curved up into a slight smile.

jake entered the cafe 5 minutes later, "i knew you'd be here, sunghoon was gone so I figured you'd come here next? You're hair is soaking wet where's your umbrella?"

"your friends a fucking asshole." i scoff, sipping on my coffee. Jaeyun's bewildered face said it all, "what are you saying?? What happened at the rink?"

"his coach was scolding him so he left the rink and when I went to give him an umbrella for running off without one, all I got from him was 'fuck off bitch.'" i shake my head, slumping into my seat and closing my eyes from exhaustion.

jake sighs, he knew how his anger consumes him. "it's not his fault."

unbelievable.

——