10

——

——

"you sure you knew how to cook at all?" jake stares at his best friend who kept repeatedly blinking at the burning food and the smoke that rose from it.

"don't push it." sunghoon deeply exhales, using a fly swatter to get smoke out of the kitchen. Suyeon comes down the stairs and starts coughing, "what happened in here?" she fans the smoke in front of her.

she peers over at Sunghoon who's standing next to the burning food inside the pot and looking at Jaeyun and her as if he didn't have a clue of what's going on in the world.

"oh." she realizes how the smoke came and her question was immediately answered. "it sucks not being able to go out, into the cafe and tasting nice iced coffee." she slumps into the chair was in the dining room.

"what's so special about that place anyways?" jaeyun demands for an response from his little sister, Suyeon chuckles.

"it's comforting there, the moment you step in. You're greeted with an aroma, a unique one. The flowers and trees outside are a lovely view to see from the window and most of the time there's barely customers so it's quiet. And I got to know the workers there too because I go there so often, what's not to like about it? Even their drinks are perfection."

"it became another home."

the room grew tranquil, one explanation changed Jaeyun and sunghoon's perspectives on the cafe.

Jaeyun smiled at his younger sister, "that explains a lot." it explains how she would constantly go to one place in where she found comfort, in that area... it was the cafe.

—— TIME SKIP

sunghoon was on my bed with jaeyun just on his phone, "I would remind you to get ready for ice skating but I forgot you quit. Do your parents know about this?" jake waits for his answer.

sunghoon leisurely nods his head, "they found out, but they weren't very happy. It took me a while to just explain that I'm not in the right place to focus on something else right now, I'm lucky enough that they understood." he responded in a very low tone.

"coach on the other hand, was furious. They all claimed me as the best thing that came into the rink but they don't realize that there will still be success without me, i am not the reason to their success. It's the whole team."

"and to bring up jisun like that I should've just fucking beat hi-" he cuts himself off after realizing that he mentioned jisun's name, his jaw all clenched up from the anger he was going to release but then it softens up and his face begins to rest again

jaeyun stared at him after the cut off and so did I. "She knows about jisun, she was aware ever since the funeral happened."

i stayed silent, i felt sunghoon's empty eyes on me once again. I refused to share eye contact with him. "you knew about my condition?"

"I didn't know about your condition hoon. I wasn't aware of who jisun was until jaeyun asked me if I remembered his friend who passed away and I told him I did. It all added up." I simply replied.

sunghoon got the unusual feeling, she called him something no one had called him.

hoon.

——