23

——

——

no. no way.

we were staring at each other and i stared at him incredulously, do i like sunghoon? no, I can't he's my brothers best friend and he's clearly not ready for a relationship, he's going through a lot. I'll just give my self a hard time getting attached.

i avert my eyes and get up, avoiding eye contact with everybody and running up the stairs into my room.

"her face was so red." niki burst out into laughter, banging his hands on the table.

—— TIME SKIP

sunghoon had fell asleep in the evening and his mom left home early so I took the chance to talk about him to the others, my brother NOT included.

"guys, I want to bring up something and I want your honest opinion on it." i break it down to them steadily.

the rest had bewildered faces, "what is it? It seems serious."

"it is serious, I'm lost. I feel lost all of a sudden, I don't have a say on my thoughts." i sit next to them and they all gather a circle around me, ready to give me their full attention.

"it's about sunghoon, and everytime I hang out with him I either get really flustered or really happy, the happy part is normal within a friendship but the flustered part isn't..." i shift my eyes away from them and their eyes widen.

"so what are you trying to say..." niki questions but he's internally smirking because he knows exactly what im trying say.

"I think... I think I like Sunghoon."

the others giggle and some chuckle, "we noticed." sunoo put his arm over my shoulder and brought me in close.

"yeah with the way you act around him, how would we not know?" heeseung laughs but slightly because he was aware that sunghoon was upstairs and could come down any moment.

"But guys, I can't."

"what do you mean you can't?!" jay tilts his head in confusion, "yeah, why not? you can't control your own feelings!" jungwon adds onto Jay's comment.

"he's going through so much, the loss of a friend, figuring himself out, he wouldn't feel the same way. There's going to be too many flaws with the both of us. Not to mention this man is literally the closest friend my brother has. It's going to be awkward." i attempt to explain but jungwon didn't seem convinced.

"if you really love someone, you're willing to sacrifice everything for them. Even the world, and I know sunghoon's that person, look how far his love for his friend took him. If he really feels the same way about you, he'll do the same. You'll manage, don't doubt anything. Also don't care, nothing wrong in taking you're brothers best friend away from him. He'll still be in the same house." jungwon assures, woah. no wonder the girls are all over him, he's an understanding and respectful guy.

he knows what the true meaning of love is and what you're willing to do in a relationship.

"how long have you liked him??"

"some months ago but I wasn't that sure, i thought it was just because he's the first guy who acted like that with me which caused me to get flustered because I wasn't used to it. But now it's clear to me that I do like him."

"so do it." sunoo demands.

"do what?!" my face incredulously from the way he demanded me.

they all grinned and shared glances with each other, then nodded.

"confess." they all whispered in unison.

——