#36

murderer.. he doesn't move, he just stand there, staring at us from the distance.

my eyes move to his left hand, and used him holding a gun. i can feel the intensity of his stare on me, even though i can't see his eyes.

finally, you're here.

no more living in fear, no more surviving, the decisive moment is here. and even though i'm terrified, a part of me has the need to end with all of this,
for good or for bad.

surviving is not enough, i want to live.

the killer tilts his head to the side, the movement barely visible in the darkness. i know i need to move, run, scream but my brain doesn't seem to react.

however, jihye takes my arm.
"shit! shit! we need to get out of here."

i take a step back with her and the killer straightens his head, raising his gun and pointing it towards us.

"run!!"
jihye yells and pulls my arm and we quickly run down the hallway, with our heart pounding, dry throats and uncontrolled breathing.  

i pray in my mind for him not to shoot, as i wait to feel the pain of a bullet piercing my back at any moment.

but when i don't feel it, i look over my shoulder and i see him, walking slowly towards us.

why is he so confident that we won't escape? he doesn't seem rushed at all.

we run to the back door, but it's locked.

"no! no no!"
jihye starts kicking the door again and again.

desperate, i see the stairs leading to the second floor next to us, and without thinking it twice i take her hand and run up the stairs, running as fast as possible.

our desperate breathing resonates through the walls, our heartbeat so accelerated.

my heart is about to burst when we reach the desolated second floor. where is everyone?

"i can't breathe."
jihye holds her chest.
"i can't."

i hold her face, her eyes filled with tears.
"jihye look at me. we'll be fine, okay? we just need a place to hide and we'll be fine."

even though i don't believe my own words, i need to calm her down.

we cross the second floor, trying to open doors, but they are all locked by key. but then i remember. yoongi.

maybe he can help us, i have a feeling he might have a good idea on how to escape this place.
"room 28 of the boy's side."

"what?"
jihye whispers as she keeps looking behind us, the killer still didn't appear by the stairs.

i run to the door leading to the boy's side of the second floor, hoping for it to be unlocked and thankfully it is.

we enter the boy's side, and immediately search for his room number. 25..26..27..

as i stop in front of his room, my eyes open in complete shock. his door is completely open, and there's a trail of blood coming out of it.

oh no..

i take a look inside, expecting the worst but it's empty. however, i see a pool of blood in the corner next to his bed, where i saw yoongi last time.

oh my goodness..

"y/n."
jihye whispers and i turn to look at her, she points to the floor.
"the trail continues towards the stairs of the other side, as if.."

"as if someone had dragged him.."
i finish and we follow the blood trail, there's no place to hide in this floor, so our only option is to go back down, at least it won't be to the girl's side.